Property at a Glance: Atwood Lake Resort
The waterfront Atwood Lake Resort is a relaxing entry point for myriad activities on gleaming Atwood Lake. Take to the water for a day of fishing or swimming. Afterward, catch sight of golf balls soaring over the bent-grass greens and fairways on the resort’s nine-hole par-3 course.
- USDA Choice steaks are on the menu at Vistas Dining Room, one of three onsite restaurants.
- First-time golfers can partake in a round of SNAG (Starting New At Golf).
- Outdoor activities include hiking, volleyball, swimming, cornhole, and horseshoes.
- Take a dip in indoor and outdoor pools.
- Fresh air wafts in from the balcony or terrace in each room; some rooms offer views of the lake.
Carroll County, Ohio: Atwood Lake and 20th-Century Charm
A short drive from four major cities—Akron, Cleveland, Columbus, and Pittsburgh—Carroll County draws visitors to its rolling green hills and waterfront entertainment on Atwood Lake. One of East Central Ohio’s most popular attractions, Atwood Lake encompasses 28 miles of shoreline; it’s an ideal spot to boat, fish, or lounge in the sun. The adjacent Atwood Lake Park features an activity-and-nature center.
The village of Carrollton pays homage to the region’s history with a five-and-ten first opened in 1932 and the Ashton House Museum, which preserves 20th-century history through photos and mementos. Guests can listen to old-timey radio programs while surveying the museum’s collection of nostalgic artifacts.