A family-friendly resort with a sprawling pool and recreation complex, and shuttle service to theme parks
Hotel at a Glance: Avanti International Resort
The Avanti International Resort is set on International Drive, one of the most convenient locations if you want to explore Orlando’s theme parks. The resort makes that easy—its shuttle will take you to top attractions including Walt Disney World® Theme Parks, and Universal Orlando Resort. You’ll also be within walking distance of shops and themed restaurants.
- Hit the mock beach: The resort’s sprawling outdoor pool and water playscape are surrounded by golden sand, lounge chairs, a hot tub, and a beach-volleyball court.
- Spacious rooms are designed for families; they feature refrigerators, bold color schemes, and HDTVs.
- Fuel up with Starbucks coffee in the lobby.
- Turn kids loose at the onsite arcade, complete with air hockey and video games.
- Award: A TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence in 2017
Orlando, Florida: World-Famous Theme Parks and Cultural Surprises
Located in the center of Florida, Orlando may be forever associated with the Walt Disney World® Theme Parks—the world’s most-visited entertainment resort. Spanning roughly 30,000 acres, it encompasses four theme parks, two water parks, five golf courses, and the Disney Springs® Area. There’s no shortage of things to do here: begin your day by boarding a rocket-shaped three-seater that climbs to 180 feet before entering a deep black tunnel and racing past stars, satellites, and constellations. Walk across the park to sample Moroccan cuisine for lunch, or ride a dune buggy through a haunted mansion. Before heading back to the hotel, take in the nightly fireworks, laser, and water show. One of the most popular family destinations in the world, sunny Orlando is also home to Universal Orlando—which includes The Wizarding World of Harry Potter—SeaWorld, and Gatorland.
Those hoping to shake up the typical theme-park-dominated itinerary can head into downtown Orlando’s vibrant arts district. The neighborhood boasts venues such as CityArts Factory, a multifaceted patchwork of gallery spaces, and SAK Comedy Lab, which hosts family-friendly improv shows five nights a week.