Top Reasons to Stay at Avanti Resort
- Recently renovated, Avanti Resort is contemporary, family-friendly, and only minutes from Orlando’s theme parks.
- The hotel’s shuttle offers drop-off and pickup service for top attractions including Universal Studios and SeaWorld Orlando. Reservations are required 24 hours in advance.
- At the heart of the resort is a sprawling outdoor pool complex surrounded by golden-sand and complete with lounge chairs and a beach volleyball area.
- Right near the pool is an arcade with video games, air hockey, and more.
- Each superior guest room features a flat-screen TV equipped with cable and an SD slot so you can browse your vacation photos on a big screen. Premium executive king suites feature separate living areas.
- Fuel up with Starbucks coffee in the lobby.
Orlando, Florida: World-Famous Theme Parks and Cultural Surprises
Located in the center of Florida, Orlando may be forever associated with the Walt Disney World® Theme Parks, which now are part of the world’s most-visited entertainment resort. It spans roughly 30,000 acres, encompassing four theme parks, two water parks, five golf courses, and the Downtown Disney® Marketplace. There’s no shortage of things to do here: begin your day by boarding a rocket-shaped three-seater that climbs to 180 feet before entering a deep black tunnel and racing past stars, satellites, and constellations. Walk across the park to sample Moroccan cuisine for lunch, or ride a dune buggy through a haunted 18th-century mansion. Before heading back to the hotel, take in the nightly fireworks, laser, and water show. As one of the most popular family destinations in the world, sunny Orlando is home to other theme parks including Universal Studios, SeaWorld, and Gatorland.
Those hoping to shake up the typical theme-park-dominated itinerary can head into downtown Orlando's vibrant arts district. The neighborhood boasts venues such as CityArts Factory, a multifaceted patchwork of gallery spaces, and SAK Comedy Lab, which hosts family-friendly improv shows five nights a week.
About a 10-minute drive north, you’ll find eight cultural institutions at Loch Haven Park, including the Orlando Museum of Art, which houses pieces by Georgia O’Keeffe, Robert Rauschenberg, Ansel Adams, and Andy Warhol. The park is also home to the Orlando Shakespeare Theater, the Orlando Philharmonic Orchestra, and the Orlando Science Center. Visit the science center to take a rover across a simulation of Mars’s red surface, or race on a 70-foot pinewood derby track.