Hotel at a Glance: Bahia Cabana Beach Resort
Situated on the waterfront, the Bahia Cabana Restaurant & Bar complements cocktails and fresh seafood with views of Fort Lauderdale’s largest marina. The award-winning restaurant is one of Bahia Cabana Beach Resort’s most enticing draws, as it serves breakfast, lunch, and dinner set against a backdrop of luxe yachts and boats moving about the water. In the evening, guests can stop in for live entertainment and stay up till the wee hours.
- Half a million: the amount of money that went into 2015 renovations, which updated the hotel’s rooms, pool area, lobby, and restaurant
- Freshwater pool and hot tub complete with fire pit
- A stone’s throw from the water: The resort is tucked between the beach and the Intracoastal Waterway.
- Jazz night takes place every Thursday at 6:30 p.m. with a live performance.
- Bump, set, and spike on the beach-volleyball court.
- Stay connected with complimentary WiFi.
Fort Lauderdale, Florida: Sunny Beaches, Canals, and Nightlife
Fort Lauderdale has been called the “Venice of America,” thanks to the intricate canal system that crisscrosses town. These waterways buoy the city’s yachting scene—100 area marinas and boatyards house some 42,000 pleasure crafts. You can hop onto a water taxi to cruise to cultural, historical, and retail destinations, or spend the day sprawled out on a stretch of the city’s 23 miles of beaches. At night, venture to the Riverwalk Arts & Entertainment District, where you’ll find theaters, museums, and restaurants along the New River.