Hotel at a Glance: Bally’s Las Vegas Hotel and Casino
Bally’s Las Vegas Hotel and Casino is right in the center of all the action on the Strip, where the classic and modern combine. Showgirls are still at the forefront of entertainment in Jubilee!, one of the longest running shows in Sin City, but new choreography and a modern story line keep the revue fresh. And after spending time in the 67,000 square-foot casino, complete with classic slot and table games, you’ll be able to relax in a 430-square-foot guest room that features a marble bathroom and pillow-top beds.
- The 24-hour keno parlor is only one of the many casino amenities; a high-limit area, race and sports book, poker rooms and video poker, slots, and popular table games round out the experience.
- Showtime: The revamped spectacle Jubilee maintains the spirit of the original while adding contemporary twists, with nearly 100 performers decked out in colorful costumes and headdresses dancing and singing through 95 minutes of over-the-top musical numbers of varying topics, such as the sinking of the Titanic and Samson and Delilah.
- Fine dining can be found at BLT Steak, Bally’s take on the upscale steakhouse with a wine list 300 bottles strong; on Sunday afternoons, the restaurant transforms into Sterling Brunch, where tuxedoed waiters serve bottomless champagne with your meal. Other establishments include Sea: The Thai Experience provides high-end Asian fusion cuisine in a candle-lit space.
- Italian and Mexican eats: Buca Italiano serves up half-pound meatballs, while Tequila Taqueria offers authentic Mexican dishes and beverages.
- Shop ‘til you drop at the Grand Bazaar Shops. The modern 120-store shopping center is inspired by famous open-air markets around the world and features a giant crystal starburst that lights up to create a party-like atmosphere each night at midnight.
- Relax and refresh: at the Spa at Bally’s, a 13,000-square-foot space far from the casino floor, where you can get a Dermalogica facial, a soothing massage, or work out in the fitness center. A salon and heated pools are also available.
- Go for a swim in the Blu Pool, which is surrounded by palm trees, cabanas, and lounge chairs.
- Get the full view: Select options include two tickets to the Eiffel Tower Experience, which takes you 46 stories up for a panoramic view of Vegas.
The Las Vegas Strip: 24/7 Entertainment and Fine Dining
With an almost unlimited variety of casinos, bars and nightclubs, and live entertainment, the general consensus along the Las Vegas Strip seems to be “go big or go home.” And you can go really big here. Make a beeline for the dozens of 24-hour casinos lining the neon-lit Strip to tango with Lady Luck in high-stakes games of roulette, blackjack, and poker; or grab a front-row seat to the city’s over-the-top glitz at nightly magic, acrobatic, and musical performances. Be sure to stick around for mealtimes—casinos on the Strip are known for their fine-dining restaurants and extravagant buffets overflowing with crab legs and prime rib.
Even Sin City isn’t all casinos, all the time. Go shopping at the high-end boutiques found inside most hotels on the Las Vegas Strip, or head to Fashion Show Las Vegas to browse racks at Neiman Marcus, Macy’s, and Saks Fifth Avenue. You can also virtually travel the globe in just a few city blocks, thanks to the Strip’s re-creation of the Statue of Liberty, the Eiffel Tower, and Venetian canals. And you’ll find a surprising number of shows in Las Vegas for kids hidden among the raucous nightlife.