Top Reasons to Stay at Banyan Harbor Resort
- The hillside resort sits on the shores of Nawiliwili Bay on Kauai, Hawaii's fourth-largest island, nicknamed “the Garden Island” for its lush vegetation.
- From the resort, you’re within walking distance of the breathtaking Kalapaki Beach, a crystal-blue playground for surfers.
- Each guest room comes with bright, tropical colors and natural wood furnishings, as well as a full kitchen, a dining room, and a living room.
- Outside, there’s a heated swimming pool and basketball and tennis courts. Barbecue grills provide a place for an impromptu cookout.
- The resort is located near several attractions, including Waimea Canyon, a geologic wonder that Mark Twain dubbed “the Grand Canyon of the Pacific.”
- Banyan Harbor Resort is within 15 miles of seven golf courses, and it’s just down the street from the Jack Nicklaus–designed Kiele and Mokihana courses at the Kauai Lagoons Golf Club.
Kauai, Hawaii: Sandy Beaches, Sheer Sea Cliffs, and Lush Rainforests
Kauai is the fourth-largest Hawaiian island, but it's also somewhat secluded—it lies about 100 nautical miles northwest of Oahu. Travel + Leisure recently named it one of the World's Best Islands, citing the peaceful landscape. Here you can watch waterfalls spill from jagged cliffs in lush valleys, and clouds hover over mountains framed by sandy beaches. Many championship golf courses overlook the ocean here, and you can find wide, offshore reefs overflowing with tropical fish. Further inland, you can kayak through interior rainforests or ride a zipline through the tropical foliage.
Kauai’s Na Pali Coast, "one of Hawaii's most spectacular natural attractions," according to Frommer's, is a 16-mile stretch of sea cliffs that tower above the Pacific. It's possible to take a helicopter or boat tour of this landmark, but one of the best ways to experience it is by foot on one of the hiking trails. Kalalau Trail, one of the most popular, starts at a sea-level beach and then climbs steadily uphill along the coastline, with sweeping views along the way (albeit with sometimes treacherously narrow pathways).
Read the Fine Print for important info on travel dates and other restrictions.