Hotel at a Glance: Baymont by Wyndham Nashville Airport/Briley
Located a stone’s throw from Nashville International Airport and just 10 minutes from downtown, this hotel provides comfortable and convenient accommodations for visitors to Music City. Kick back while watching a show on your flat-screen TV or surfing the web with free WiFi in your room. In the morning, head downstairs for a free continental breakfast.
- Distance from the airport: less than 3 miles
- Break a sweat in the onsite fitness center.
- Newly-renovated: Each room has been recently renovated, and feature new appliances, including a coffee maker, bathroom, brand new mattress, and new carpet.
- Bring Fido: Pets weighing less than 35 pounds can stay in select rooms for additional fee.
- Nearby attractions: Johnny Cash Museum (10 mi. away), Grand Ole Opry (5 mi.), and Nashville Zoo (7 mi)
Nashville, Tennessee: Music Lovers’ Paradise
Nicknamed Music City, Nashville is the undisputed capital of country music—the place where artists such as Patsy Cline and Dolly Parton hit it big and where generations of singers, strummers, banjo pickers, and fiddlers have taken the stage at the Grand Ole Opry. Despite its country roots, the city has also embraced other genres, including rock, rap, and jazz. You’ll find some of the best Nashville music venues along Honky Tonk Row, as up-and-coming musicians and songwriters step into the spotlight. Nearby, the Country Music Hall of Fame and Museum showcases an extensive audio archive and a memorabilia collection that includes Elvis’s golden Cadillac, Willie Nelson’s bandanna, and artifacts from iconic rockers including Lynyrd Skynyrd and Bob Dylan.
Just southwest of downtown lies the 132-acre Centennial Park, which is adjacent to Vanderbilt University. The city’s premier outdoor space features a full-scale replica of the Parthenon alongside a 42-foot-tall statue of Athena. Inside the faux Parthenon, you’ll find a permanent collection of 19th- and 20th-century American art.