At this Lakeside Tahoe resort near year-round outdoor activities; romance package with wine and chocolate-covered strawberries is included
Hotel at a Glance: The Beach Retreat & Lodge at Tahoe
This family-friendly resort is set right along the water in South Lake Tahoe, which attracts year-round visitors for skiing, hiking, and boating, depending on the season.
- Enjoy a romantic getaway: with the bottle of wine and chocolate-covered strawberries included in your stay.
- In-room amenities: Accommodations feature gas fireplaces, mini-refrigerator, cable TV, on-demand movies, and video games.
- Accolades: The property earned a TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence.
- Direct beach access: From this hotel’s doors, it’s only a short trek to the private beach.
- Make a splash in the hotel’s outdoor pool, which is open year-round.
- Room with a view: From your hotel’s window, you’ll be able to see blue waters of Lake Tahoe or the Heavenly Mountain ski resort.
South Lake Tahoe, California: Year-Round Haven for Outdoor Adventures and Late-Night Revelry
Lake Tahoe has no real off-season; people find ways to make use of its pristine water, beaches, and mountains all year long. In the summer, the lake’s clear, freshwater surface—which straddles the California-Nevada border—is dotted with swimmers, boaters, and jet skiers. Several ski resorts typically stay open from November to April, and Emerald Bay State Park is accessible year-round. A moderately easy hike to the base of Lower Eagle Falls reveals breathtaking views of the waterfalls crashing down from above.
Spectators gather at night for South Lake Tahoe’s events, which range from wine and food festivals to rock concerts and fireworks displays. A few miles northwest of South Lake Tahoe sits Stateline, Nevada, where a handful of casinos host high-stakes games of blackjack and solitaire.