Hotel at a Glance: Beachfront Manor Hotel
The Beachfront Manor Hotel lives up to its name—the beach begins where the casual boutique hotel ends. Situated on the north end of Lincoln City, the hotel is close to restaurants and shops, and a quick 1-mile complimentary shuttle ride from Chinook Winds Casino, provided by the casino.
- Direct beach access means there’s no need to pack the family into the car.
- Watch the sunset from the furnished deck of a beachfront suite or ocean room; they also feature private hot tubs.
- Cozy up by the fire: Beachfront, ocean, and Waves units have their own gas fireplaces.
- Good for groups: Sea Breeze rooms don’t have ocean views, but they can accommodate up to four guests.
- Catch a flick or read a magazine from the hotel’s library.
- Going green: The hotel uses Energy Star appliances and water-efficient toilets, and its previous furniture was donated to Habitat for Humanity.
Lincoln City, Oregon: Artists’ Community on Rugged Pacific Coast
Situated along Oregon’s northwestern coast, Lincoln City spans 7.5 miles of picturesque public beaches where you’ll find ample surfing and whale-watching opportunities. Two inland bays, Devils Lake and Siletz Bay, provide nice spots for fishing or boating in the warmer months. About 10 miles north of Lincoln City stands Cascade Head, a towering, 270-acre headland that juts into the ocean. Year-round and seasonal trails crisscross the rugged cliffs; while hiking the paths, keep an ear out for sea lions that bark rousing sea shanties.
The center of Lincoln City’s flourishing art scene lies just a short distance inland. Seaside streets are peppered with dozens of galleries and antique shops, where visitors can see genuine Japanese glass floats. Grab a bite to eat at one of the town’s many seafood restaurants, which are known for their fresh catches.