This family-friendly resort in Ohio’s Amish Country has a private movie theater and an indoor pool and sauna
Hotel at a Glance: Berlin Resort
Berlin Resort occupies a patch of land in Ohio’s Amish Country that’s replete with waterfalls, blazing fire pits, and a children’s play village. Inside the resort, you’ll find even more family-friendly amenities, including a saltwater pool and a private movie theater.
- Rise and shine! The resort serves up a complimentary continental breakfast each morning.
- De-stress by spending time in the sauna.
- Get pampered: with $20 off any massage service of 60 minutes or longer
- Luxury accommodations: Deluxe rooms offer private patios where you can get some fresh air. Standard rooms come with free WiFi and a 42-inch flat-screen TV. Standard Suites offer jacuzzi tubs for ultimate relaxation.
- Outdoor fire pits: Lounge under a starry sky on the resort’s back patio.
- Fitness club: You’ll have access to cardio and strength-training equipment as well as all classes, including yoga and cycling.
- The private movie theater screens two complimentary movies each evening at 6 p.m. and 8 p.m.
Holmes County, Ohio: Bucolic Farmland Steeped in Amish Tradition
Located about 80 miles south of Cleveland, Holmes County’s rolling countryside is rife with farms and stores, as well as a few tourist attractions. See the Amish lifestyle up close at The Farm at Walnut Creek, which also houses exotic creatures such as giraffes, camels, and kangaroos along with regional animals such as cattle, horses, sheep, and goats. The Holmes County Trail follows 29 miles of former railroad lines, from nearby Killbuck to Fredericksburg, with a paved trail that accommodates Amish buggies and bicycles.