Hotel at a Glance: Best Western Antlers
The Best Western Antlers hotel sits on 5 landscaped acres in the mountain burg of Glenwood Springs. The hotel is centrally-located between the new Iron Mountain Hot Springs and the Glenwood Hot Springs—popular spots since the late 19th century—and only one block from the Glenwood Canyon Adventure Park.
- Take a dip in the indoor hot tub.
- Free breakfast including waffles, eggs, fruit, and more
- In-room amenities: cable TV with HBO, coffeemaker, and free WiFi
- Driving time to Vail and Aspen mountain resorts: less than an hour
- Activities in walking distance: Four blocks from Glenwood Hot Springs Pool, two blocks from Glenwood Caverns, and four blocks from downtown Glenwood Springs
Glenwood Springs, Colorado: Small Town with Hot Springs in the Rockies
In 2011, Rand McNally and USA Today named Glenwood Springs the Most Fun Town in America. The tiny town—once known as Defiance—has certainly had a reputation for adventure from the start, when its streets were lined with rowdy saloons and gambling joints frequented by Doc Holliday and other outlaws.
Nowadays, Glenwood Springs has grown into a popular destination for outdoor adventure, thanks largely to its proximity to the Rocky Mountains. Two of Colorado’s most popular ski resorts, Aspen and Vail, are less than an hour away. When the snow melts, head to Glenwood Canyon, where hiking trails wind through aspen groves and past rocky coves with hidden waterfalls.
More than 3 million gallons of hot water flow through the Glenwood Hot Springs Pool, making it the largest geothermal swimming pool on Earth. The same water runs through the Yampah Spa and Vapor Caves, where it turns into mineral-enriched steam. Descend into the caves’ humid subterranean chambers to breathe in vapors infused with healing sulfate, nitrate, zinc, and potassium.