Top Reasons to Stay at Best Western Clifton Park
- Saratoga Springs is just a short drive from the hotel. This city is known for its thoroughbred horse racing, especially at Saratoga Race Course, which Frommer’s calls “one of the world’s prettiest tracks.”
- Best Western Clifton Park is also a 40-minute drive from Six Flags Great Escape and Lake George, a half-hour drive from Albany and its Palace Theatre, and just footsteps away from the Clifton Park Center Mall.
- The hotel was renovated in 2011; guest rooms come with high-speed Internet access and 27-inch cable satellite TVs. Stylish furnishings and chocolate hues give the space an inviting feel.
- Guests can relax in the indoor heated pool and hot tub, which stay open throughout the year. A wall of windows lets in natural sunlight.
- In the morning, enjoy a complimentary hot breakfast of eggs, fresh fruit, cereal, and freshly squeezed coffee.
- Business travelers have access to conference rooms, fax and photocopy services, and audio-visual equipment.
Clifton Park, New York: Nature Parks and Historic Sites Near Saratoga Springs’ World-Famous Horse Racing
Located between Lake George, Albany, and Saratoga Springs, Clifton Park is tucked in the foothills of the breathtaking Adirondack Mountains. The town’s wooded-foothills setting is ideal for hiking, bird-watching, and mountain biking in the Saratoga County Forest. To take in the landscape by car, travel the Mohawk Towpath National Scenic Byway, which follows the Mohawk River and the Erie Canal past waterfalls, gorges, and 18th-century buildings.
Just north lies Saratoga Springs, which started out as a resort town for its natural mineral waters. Today, the town is known for the Saratoga Race Course, the country’s oldest track for thoroughbred racing. Named one of the 20th-century’s 20 best sporting venues by Sports Illustrated, Saratoga Race Course invites spectators to witness a centuries-old tradition of horse racing, which take place here from July to September.