Hotel at a Glance: Best Western Fallsview Hotel
In its list of the world’s 10 most spectacular waterfalls, Travel + Leisure praised the Canadian side of Niagara Falls (which came in at No. 5) for its casinos, cable cars, and “overall superior views.” Located within walking distance of the falls, Best Western Fallsview Hotel gives guests easy access to the natural wonder. The family-friendly hotel also sits across from a world-class casino and an IMAX theater and features attractions of its own, including indoor and outdoor pools and an arcade.
- Distance from the falls: half a mile
- Dining options: This Getaway includes a C$10 per night IHOP voucher. Depending on the option you choose, you’ll also get a C$30 Outback Steakhouse voucher or a C$20 voucher at Keg Steakhouse + Bar per night.
- Try your luck with the C$25 nightly slot credit included in the couples package, redeemable at Fallsview Casino or Casino Niagara (June and September stays only).
- Try the local varietals using the wine-touring pass included with the couples package (July and August stays only).
- Fun for kids: The family package comes with a game card and admission for four to select attractions at Clifton Hill Fun Center.
- In-room amenities: Recently renovated guest rooms feature 32-inch flat-screen TVs and private balconies or patios.
Niagara Falls, Ontario: Panoramic Views of the Falls near Vegas-Style Casinos and Water Parks
At Niagara Falls—considered by many to be one of the world’s seven natural wonders—water thunders downward from a height of nearly 200 feet, crashing onto craggy boulders below. The falls straddle the border between Canada and the United States, with segments located in both New York and Ontario, but the Canadian side of the Niagara River is universally hailed as the finest vantage point to take in all three of Niagara Falls’ photogenic brinks: American, Bridal Veil, and Horseshoe Falls.
Hornblower cruises ferry raincoat-clad passengers around the base of the falls from April through October, depending on the river’s ice conditions. Year-round, Journey Behind the Falls grants a glimpse behind the curtain of Horseshoe Falls—board an elevator that descends 150 feet into the bedrock, then stand at an observation deck steps away from the cascading water.
A 10-minute walk from the falls, you’ll see the neon glow of the Clifton Hill neighborhood. Its Fallsview Boulevard has plenty of Vegas-style kitsch, including glitzy casinos, indoor water parks, and restaurants.