Hotel at a Glance: Best Western Gold Leaf
The resort town of Dewey Beach is a great spot to experience shopping, sailing, and nightlife. During the fall and winter, shoppers populate the nearby outlet malls, such as Tanger Outlets. There are quieter pursuits to be had as well—a stroll along Rehoboth Bay before a casual seafood dinner, for instance. Just half a block from the sand, the Best Western Gold Leaf features comfy guest rooms, many with french balconies and partial water views.
- Free continental breakfast includes baked breads, cereal, fruit, eggs, and some hot items
- Shop 'til you drop at Tanger Outlets, which features more than 130 stores
- In-room amenities: a refrigerator, microwave, and high-speed internet
- Orange Crush: Dewey Beach’s signature drink is a potent, vodka-based concoction mixed with fresh-squeezed orange juice.
- Join the locals at Grotto Pizza, a popular Delaware pizza chain, with a location just two block away.
Dewey Beach, Delaware: Family-Friendly Resort Town with Wide Beaches and Lively Bars
Dewey Beach sits on a small sandbar between Rehoboth Bay and the Atlantic Ocean—the town is only one mile long and two blocks wide. But despite its diminutive size, Dewey Beach offers plenty to do. The wide, sandy beaches are ideal for sunbathing and swimming in the summer, and beachfront bars host live music all year long. During the warmer months, young people from Delaware, Baltimore, and Washington, DC descend upon the area to drink Orange Crush cocktails and feast on fresh seafood platters at waterfront eateries.
Year-round, families can get their kicks perusing souvenir shops along the boulevard or visiting one of the nearby arcades. Another pastime no matter the season is fishing and boating along the Delaware coast, particularly outside Delaware Seashore State Park.