What You Get
View local health guidelines for travel here
- Stay for two in a king room or double-queen room
- Up to two kids 13 or younger stay free in a double-queen room
Policies and Fees
- Reservations: Dates cannot be changed once booked; valid only for night(s) purchased.
- Cancellation policy: 48-hour cancellation notice required prior to check-in or reservation is non-refundable; reservations made within cancellation window are non-refundable.
- Additional fees: $25 daily credit card authorization paid at check-in.
- Rates may vary by date and are subject to availability.
No-shows will be charged total rate; no refunds, rescheduling, or rebooking allowed.
Hotel at a Glance: Best Western Inn at the Meadows
Best Western Inn at the Meadows is just a 12-minute drive from downtown Portland and offers free parking. It’s also three blocks from a Yellow Line light-rail stop, 8 miles from Portland International Airport, and minutes from the Portland Expo Center and Portland International Raceway.
- Start the day right with a hot breakfast including eggs, meat, fruit, cereal, and more.
- In-room amenities: free WiFi and cable TV
- Within 30 minutes of Downtown Portland and Multnomah Falls, in the Columbia River Gorge
- Need help? The hotel’s staffers can make recommendations on what to do, see, and eat in Portland.
- Shopping: Take advantage of Portland’s chic boutiques and pay 0% sales tax.
Portland, Oregon: Quirky Riverfront City Known for Its City Parks
Extensive bikeways, edgy chefs, indie-rock bands, and progressive environmentalists—counterculture is almost a way of life in Portland. And it’s certainly a source of civic pride. Locals have adopted the slogan “Keep Portland Weird,” which is brandished on bumper stickers and in businesses all over the town. The city has always been a little ahead of its time; it was originally planned with strict urban-growth boundaries that left plenty of room for parks and other green spaces. Today, in new developments, shops are built at street level with apartments above them—following a European model that complements Portland’s slightly European, laid-back atmosphere.
The downtown area is a refreshing mix of the traditional and the offbeat: high-rise buildings are interspersed with clothing boutiques and restaurants serving sustainable cuisine. Streets here are narrow and the blocks are compact to encourage walking, which visitors are wont to do to take in the parks, plazas, and fountains. A popular place to hang out is Pioneer Courthouse Square, a 40,000-square-foot public space often referred to as “Portland’s living room.” In warmer months, the square hosts free shows and festivals, as does Governor Tom McCall Waterfront Park, which was named 1 of 10 Great Public Spaces in America in 2012 by the American Planning Association.
- One king bed
- Standard occupancy: 2
- Maximum occupancy: 2
- Two queen beds
- Standard occupancy: 2
- Maximum occupancy: 4
- Adding occupants above standard: $10 per night for each additional guest 14 or older; kids 13 or younger stay free
- Check in: 3 p.m.
- Check out: 11 a.m.
- Parking: free
- Smoking policy: no smoking inside the property.
- Pet policy: please contact property for pet restrictions and fees.
- Accessibility: please contact property for handicap-accessibility requests or options.
- Room upgrades: not available.
- Complimentary hot breakfast
- Free parking
- Free WiFi
- Free airport shuttle
- Electric car charging station
- Pet-friendly (additional fee)
The Fine Print
- Dates cannot be changed once booked; valid only for night(s) purchased
- 48-hour cancellation notice required prior to check-in or reservation is non-refundable; reservations made within cancellation window are non-refundable
- No-shows will be charged total Groupon rate
- Traveler name must match ID at time of check-in
- No refunds will be processed by Groupon after check-in
- Must be 21 or older to check in
- Credit card required at check-in
- $25 daily credit card authorization paid at check-in.
- Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
About Best Western Inn at the Meadows
- Nearest airport: Portland International Airport (PDX; 8 miles)
- Cab fare: about $50 from PDX, including a 15% tip
- Hotel shuttle service: Complimentary and subject to availability. 24-hour advance notice required.
- MAX Light Rail: $2.50 or $5 for a day pass. Travel time is approx. 50 minutes. Please take the Red Line and Transfer to the Yellow line at the Rose Quarter transit center and get off at the Delta Park train stop.