What You Get
- Stay for two in a standard two-double room or deluxe two-double room
- Up to two kids 12 or younger stay free
- Dates into March
Policies and Fees
- Reservations: Dates cannot be changed once booked; valid only for night(s) purchased.
- Cancellation policy: 4-day cancellation notice required prior to check-in or reservation is non-refundable; reservations made within cancellation window are non-refundable.
- Additional fees: $5 daily hotel fee plus tax paid at check-in.
- Rates may vary by date and are subject to availability.
No-shows will be charged total Groupon rate; no refunds, rescheduling, or rebooking allowed.
Hotel at a Glance: Best Western of Lake George
The Best Western of Lake George occupies a rustic spot in the foothills of the Adirondack Mountains. The hotel’s central location puts it close to some of the area’s top attractions, including the Adirondack Outlet Mall, perfect for a day of shipping.
- Ski through the mountains at West Mountain or Gore Mountain, both located nearby.
- Soak your hiking legs in the hotel’s heated indoor pool and hot tub.
- Get comfy: Guest rooms feature premium wood furnishings and flat-screen TVs; some have cathedral ceilings.
- Start the day right at a free continental breakfast with a waffle bar, cereal, pastries, and fruit.
- Reading material: The Last of The Mohicans, a book later turned into an award-winning movie, is about the area’s French and Indian War battles.
Lake George, New York: Outdoor Adventure near the Adirondacks’ Mile-Long Lake
Lake George is not without its admirers—Frommer’s calls it “the beating heart of the southeastern Adirondacks,” while local lore has it that Thomas Jefferson proclaimed it “the most beautiful water I ever saw.” More than 200 years after Jefferson’s declaration, the 32-mile-long lake is still a popular spot for sailing, swimming, and hiking in upstate New York’s Adirondack Mountains. For the best swimming conditions, head to Million Dollar Beach on the lake’s eastern shore, where there are lifeguards on duty, changing rooms, and a sand volleyball court. For hiking, consider following the trail that leads to Shelving Rock Falls, a 50-foot cascade rushing down a series of boulders.
There are two great ways to see the beauty that Jefferson raved about. The first is to take a shuttle or hike 2 miles to the top of Prospect Mountain, which towers over Lake George at 2,030 feet. On a clear day, you can see 100 miles in any direction. The second option is to buy a ticket aboard a Lake George steamship, which cruises past the islands of the Narrows as well as several historic mansions.
Standard Two-Double Room or Deluxe Two-Double Room
- Two double beds
- Standard occupancy: 2
- Maximum occupancy: 4
- Adding occupants above standard: $20 per night for each additional guest 13 or older; kids 12 or younger stay free
- Check in: 4 p.m.
- Check out: 11 a.m.
- Parking: free
- Smoking policy: no smoking inside the property.
- Pet policy: pets are not allowed inside the property.
- Accessibility: please contact property for handicap accessibility requests or options.
- Room upgrades: upgrades may be available by calling the property or at check-in for an additional cost.
- Free WiFi
- Free continental breakfast
- Indoor heated pool and hot tub
The Fine Print
- Dates cannot be changed once booked; valid only for night(s) purchased
- 4-day cancellation notice required prior to check-in or reservation is non-refundable; reservations made within cancellation window are non-refundable
- No-shows will be charged total Groupon rate
- Traveler name must match ID at time of check-in
- No refunds will be processed by Groupon after check-in
- Must be 18 or older to check in
- Credit card required at check-in
- $5 daily resort fee paid at check-in.
- Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
Best Western of Lake George
- Nearest airport: Albany International (ALB; 52 mi)
- Distance from Montreal: 42 miles