Hotel at a Glance: Best Western Pine Springs Inn
You can get mountain views wherever you turn at Best Western Pine Springs Inn, located in the sprawling Fort Stanton-Snowy River Cave National Conservation Area. Gaze at the distant peaks when you’re lounging in the outdoor courtyard or swimming in the pool. You can also see the mountains from some of the spacious rooms and suites.
- Complimentary full breakfast with waffles, eggs, and fresh fruit served daily
- In-room amenities: microwave, fridge, and free WiFi
- Relax in the outdoor hot tub.
- Enjoy the great outdoors with horseback riding or golf, both available nearby.
- Place your bets at nearby Ruidoso Downs Race Track, Billy the Kid Casino, and Casino Apache Travel Center.
Ruidoso, New Mexico: Mountain Scenery, Skiing, and Upscale Downtown
Once a sleepy village in the mountains, Ruidoso is now New Mexico’s third-fastest-growing city. It’s easy to see why—surrounded by the Sacramento Mountains, ribboned by rivers, and studded with lakes and tall pine forests, Ruidoso is an excellent home base for outdoor enthusiasts. Hiking, biking, and horseback-riding opportunities abound, and year-round, you can fish for rainbow and brook trout in the creeks and rivers that meander through the area.
Ruidoso also has plenty of indoor activities to keep visitors occupied—there’s the Casino Apache and Inn of the Mountain Gods, both enormous casinos. And there are also upscale restaurants, shops, galleries galore downtown. Don’t miss a stop at the Hubbard Museum of the American West, an offshoot of the Smithsonian Institution that celebrates the not-so-distant Old West past.