Ocean-View Hotel with Easy Beach Access and Scenic Views
Over the years, beachcombers have uncovered a dazzling array of agates buried in the sand along the Oregon coast. These shiny gemstones, admired for their brilliant colors and unique concentric bands, have been used in jewelry and decorative art since ancient times. The Best Western Plus Agate Beach Inn overlooks one of the world’s finest spots for hunting these crystallized treasures—a stretch of sand where hundreds of agates are unearthed every year.
The family-friendly hotel offers spectacular views of the Pacific Ocean, which is put on display both in guest rooms and at several onsite eateries. The Starfish Grill serves fresh seafood, such as dungeness-crab omelets and wild chinook salmon, in front of a wall of windows framing the ever-churning sea. At Rookies Sports Bar, views of the Pacific vie for attention with flat-screen TVs, lottery games, and a pool table. With this Getaway, you’ll get a $10 dining credit that you can use at either venue.
Upstairs, ocean-view rooms overlook Agate Beach and the Yaquina Head Lighthouse, a 93-foot tower built in 1873. The hillside-view rooms have small balconies for looking out on the surrounding hills.
Newport, Oregon: Coastal Town near Pacific Beaches and Bountiful Sea Life
Located on the coast of central Oregon, the small fishing town of Newport is lined with basalt rock cliffs, long sandy beaches, and tide pools. Out-of-towners flock to the shoreline year-round in search of agates, fossilized shells, and abandoned sandcastle furniture. Migrating whales lumber past offshore, and colonies of sea lions and seals occupy rocky outcroppings.
Throughout the day, fishing boats bring their catches to the docks at Bay Boulevard marina in downtown Newport, which is located 2.5 miles from the hotel. The waterfront village is home to the Oregon Coast Aquarium, whose residents include crowd-pleasing puffins and a 60-pound octopus. Permanent exhibits include Passages of the Deep, a series of tanks linked by an underwater tunnel affording 360-degree views of sharks and wolf eels.
What You Get
- Stay for two in a hillside-view king, hillside-view double-queen, ocean-view king, or ocean-view double-queen room
- Up to two kids 17 or younger stay free in double-queen rooms.
- $10 dining credit per stay
- Dates into January
Policies and Fees
- Reservations: Dates cannot be changed once booked; valid only for night(s) purchased.
- Cancellation policy: 72-hour cancellation notice required prior to check-in or reservation is nonrefundable; reservations made within cancellation window are nonrefundable.
- Rates may vary by date and are subject to availability.
No-shows will be charged total Groupon rate; no refunds, rescheduling, or rebooking allowed. Read the Fine Print for important info on offer details and other restrictions.
Amenities and Room Details
- Onsite restaurant
- Indoor heated pool and hot tub
- Sports bar and grill
- Fitness center
- Gift shop
Hillside-View or Ocean-View King Room
- One king bed
- Standard occupancy: 2
- Maximum occupancy: 2
Hillside-View or Ocean-View Double-Queen Room
- Two queen beds
- Standard occupancy: 2
- Maximum occupancy: 4
- Adding occupants above standard: $10 per night for each additional guest 18 or older; kids 17 or younger stay free
- Check in: 4 p.m.
- Check out: noon
- Parking: free
- Rollaways: available for an additional $10 per stay
- Smoking policy: no smoking inside the property
- Pet policy: pets are not allowed in Groupon-valid rooms.
- Accessibility: please contact the property for handicap accessibility requests or options.
- Room upgrades: not available
- Nearby airports: Eugene Airport (EUG; 87 miles) and Southwest Oregon Regional Airport (OTH; 98 miles)
- Distance from Eugene: about 100 miles
The Fine Print
- Dates cannot be changed once booked; valid only for night(s) purchased
- 72-hour cancellation notice required prior to check-in or reservation is non-refundable; reservations made within cancellation window are non-refundable
- No-shows will be charged total Groupon rate
- Traveler name must match ID at time of check-in
- No refunds will be processed by Groupon after check-in
- Must be 18 or older to check in
- Credit card required at check-in
- Not valid with reward points.
- Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.