What You Get
View local health guidelines for travel here
- Stay for two in a king room or four in a double-queen room
Hotel at a Glance: Best Western Plus Carpinteria Inn
Exotic tropical blooms and a stone fountain punctuate the courtyard of this elegant hotel, which was built in a Spanish Mission style. It’s just a short drive from wineries that produce some of Santa Barbara’s finest pinot noir wines.
- Outdoor pool surrounded by palm trees
- Traditional guest rooms featuring cable TVs and mini refrigerators
- State of the art business center and fitness center
- Watch polo matches at the nearby Santa Barbara Polo & Racquet Club, a historic club famous for its lush playing fields and Sunday polo tournaments.
- Distance to Carpinteria State Beach: just a few minutes away by foot
Carpinteria, California: Oceanside City near Santa Barbara’s Art Museums and Wineries
Carpinteria is a small, coastal town in central California. Carpinteria State Beach stretches a mile along the Pacific here, with calm waters for swimming; however, there are also larger surfing swells near the rockier parts of the coastline. Serious surfers should make their way to Rincon Point, one of the top surfing destinations in the world. Between December and May, you can see seals and sea lions frolicking on the shore along the Carpinteria Bluffs just south of the beach.
If you’re not at the beach, you can enjoy other local traditions: catch a Sunday afternoon polo match at the Santa Barbara Polo Club, or go antique shopping downtown.
About 15 miles from here is Santa Barbara, framed by the ocean on one side and the Santa Ynez Mountains on the other. The city packs an impressive amount of culture into its 20 square miles. Old Mission Santa Barbara, a parish church originally founded in 1786, houses a dazzling collection of Spanish and Mexican colonial art. You can see major works by Matisse at the Santa Barbara Museum of Art, too.
Restaurants in the area serve regional specialties such as albacore carpaccio and local venison; it’s also worth the trip northwest to Santa Barbara Wine Country, where you can sample tasty pinot noirs and chardonnays at award-winning vineyards.
- One king bed
- Standard occupancy: 2
- Maximum occupancy: 2
- Two queen beds
- Standard occupancy: 4
- Maximum occupancy: 4
- Check in: 3 p.m.
- Check out: 12 p.m.
- Parking: free
- Smoking policy: no smoking inside the property.
- Pet policy: pets are not allowed inside the property.
- Accessibility: please contact property for handicap-accessibility requests or options.
- Room upgrades: not available.
- Onsite restaurant
- Cocktail lounge
- Heated outdoor pool
- Hot tub
- Tropical courtyard
- Fitness center
- Free WiFi
- 48-hour cancellation notice required prior to check-in or reservation is non-refundable; reservations made within cancellation window are non-refundable
- No-shows will be charged total Groupon rate
- Traveler name must match ID at time of check-in
- No refunds will be processed by Groupon after check-in
- Must be 18+ to check in
- Credit card required at check-in
- Rates may vary by date and are subject to availability
- Dates cannot be changed once booked; valid only for night(s) purchased.
- Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
About Best Western Plus Carpinteria Inn
- Nearest airport: Santa Barbara Municipal Airport (SBA; 21 miles); Los Angeles International Airport (LAX; 86 miles)
- Cab fare: about $100 from SBA, including a 15% tip
- Driving distance from L.A.: about 85 miles
- Transit information: Santa Barbara MTD Bus #21X, Carpinteria & 7th stop