Hotel at a Glance: Best Western Plus Midvale Inn
You can easily explore Salt Lake City and its rugged surroundings when you stay at Best Western Plus Midvale Inn. The hotel is 30 minutes from the legendary Great Salt Lake and within an hour of most of the area's world-famous ski resorts, which transform into havens for hiking, biking, and ziplining in summer. Plus, historic downtown Salt Lake City is just a 15-minute drive or 40-minute light-rail ride away (the hotel is just one block from the nearest station).
- A fresh coat of paint: The hotel recently underwent a multi-million dollar renovation to upgrade its rooms and common areas.
- Guest room upgrades: 42-inch HDTVs and double pillow-top mattresses
- Freebies: breakfast with gourmet coffee and WiFi
- Lots of dining options: The hotel is within walking distance of nearly a dozen restaurants.
- 24-hour fitness center stocked with a treadmill, stationary bike, rowing machine, stair stepper, and weight-lifting equipment
Midvale, Utah: Mountain Town Close to the Great Salt Lake
Residents of Midvale will tell you that the northern Utah city is "in the middle of everything." It's just 15 minutes south of downtown Salt Lake City, 30 minutes east of the Great Salt Lake, and 45 minutes west of Park City Mountain Resort. Come summer, Park City and other area ski resorts turn in to adventure parks replete with ziplines, alpine slides, and mini-golf courses.
The nearby Uinta-Wasatch-Cache National Forest becomes a hotbed for outdoorsy activities in summer. More than 1,700 miles of hiking and biking trails crisscross the wooded landscape. Fishing, boating, and tubing on the forest's many waterways are popular pastimes, too. Midvale even has a couple of family-friendly parks that are great for younger children, with playgrounds and picnic areas.
It's easy to spend the day in Salt Lake City, too. Learn about the city's history with the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints at the Church History Museum, which is home to an especially large collection of Mormon art and artifacts. It's right next door to Temple Square, one of Salt Lake City’s most popular attractions, where tranquil gardens surround the iconic Salt Lake Temple.