Hotel at a Glance: Best Western Plus Midvale Inn
You can easily explore Salt Lake City and its rugged surroundings when you stay at Best Western Plus Midvale Inn. The hotel is 30 minutes from the legendary Great Salt Lake and within an hour of most of the area’s world-famous ski resorts. Plus, historic downtown Salt Lake City is just a 15-minute drive or 40-minute light-rail ride away (the hotel is just one block from the nearest station).
- A fresh coat of paint: The hotel recently underwent a multi-million dollar renovation to upgrade its rooms and common areas.
- Guest room upgrades: 42-inch HDTVs and double pillow-top mattresses
- Freebies: breakfast with gourmet coffee and WiFi
- Lots of dining options: The hotel is within walking distance of nearly a dozen restaurants.
- 24-hour fitness center stocked with a treadmill, stationary bike, rowing machine, stair stepper, and weight-lifting equipment
- Multiple ski resorts nearby: Alta, Brighton, Solitude and Snowbird are all great ski resorts within the area. The hotel can provide free transportation with the purchase of a super pass.
- Discounted lift tickets can be purchased from the front desk for $70 per person. The Ski City Super Pass Card can be used at one resort per day; choose from Alta, Snowbird, or Brighton and Solitude (can be visited on the same day).
####Midvale, Utah: Mountain Town Close to the Great Salt Lake
Residents of Midvale will tell you that the northern Utah city is “in the middle of everything.” It’s just 15 minutes south of downtown Salt Lake City, 30 minutes east of the Great Salt Lake, and 45 minutes west of Park City Mountain Resort. The resort gets around 400 inches of snow each year and boasts soft, powdery runs that typically stay open through the last week in March.
It’s easy to spend the day in Salt Lake City, too. Learn about the city’s history with the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints at the Church History Museum, which is home to an especially large collection of Mormon art and artifacts. It’s right next door to Temple Square, one of Salt Lake City’s most popular attractions, where tranquil gardens surround the iconic Salt Lake Temple.
Book a spring break trip for the chance to win a second trip!