Hotel at a Glance: Best Western Plus Midvale Inn
You can easily explore Salt Lake City and its mountainous surroundings when you stay at Best Western Plus Midvale Inn. The hotel is 10 minutes from the legendary Great Salt Lake and within a half hour of most of the area’s world-famous mountain resorts. Historic downtown Salt Lake City is just a 15-minute drive or 35-minute light-rail ride away (the hotel is just one block from the nearest station).
- Guest rooms feature 42-inch HDTVs and double pillow-top mattresses
- Freebies: breakfast with gourmet coffee and WiFi
- 24-hour fitness center stocked with a treadmill, stationary bike, rowing machine, stair stepper, and weight-lifting equipment
- Relax in the hot tub or in the outdoor pool.
- Multiple mountain resorts nearby: Solitude, Snowbird, and Park City are all great mountain resorts within the area, and in the summer they open up their mountains for scenic lift rides and mountain biking.
Midvale, Utah: Mountain Town Close to the Great Salt Lake
Residents of Midvale will tell you that the northern Utah city is “in the middle of everything.” It’s just 15 minutes south of downtown Salt Lake City, 30 minutes east of the Great Salt Lake, and 45 minutes west of Park City Mountain Resort. The resort gets around 400 inches of snow each year and boasts soft, powdery runs that typically stay open through the last week in March. In the summer, the snow melts to reveal a terrain that’s perfect for hiking, mountain biking, zip-lining, and scenic lift rides.
It’s easy to spend the day in Salt Lake City, too. Learn about the city’s history with the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints at the Church History Museum, which is home to an especially large collection of Mormon art and artifacts. It’s right next door to Temple Square, one of Salt Lake City’s most popular attractions, where tranquil gardens surround the iconic Salt Lake Temple.