Top Reasons to Stay at Best Western Plus Newport Beach Inn
- The hotel is located across the street from Newport Beach and a half mile from the world-famous Huntington Beach, where one of the country’s largest annual surfing contests—the US Open of Surfing—takes place.
- Each of this deal’s options includes bike rentals. One option also includes a bottle of wine.
- There’s a heated outdoor pool, which is lined with lounge chairs and shady umbrellas.
- Each morning, dig into a complimentary breakfast spread of belgian waffles, eggs, seasonal fruit, and more.
- Guest rooms feature contemporary decor, and some offer partial views of the Pacific Ocean.
- Just 5 miles to the east, designer shops, including Louis Vuitton and Kate Spade, line the open-air plazas and walkways of Fashion Island.
- A short ferry ride will bring you to Catalina Island—”the island of romance”—where you’ll find unspoiled beaches and waterfront seafood restaurants. Boats depart daily from a dock that’s 2 miles from the hotel.
Newport Beach, California: Popular Beachside Town with Surfing and Boating in Orange County
Thanks to more than 10 miles of Pacific coastline, Newport Beach is a popular Orange County destination for surfers, swimmers, and those looking to experience a Southern California sunset from a white-sand beach. At Newport Harbor, you’ll see rowboats and sailboats alongside luxury yachts. While you’re here, catch a ferry to the manmade Balboa Island, which boasts small boutiques, ice-cream parlors, and amusement-park rides.
Nature lovers will want to explore the area’s tide pools and forests. At Upper Newport Bay Nature Preserve, you might spot brown pelicans and peregrine falcons wading through wetlands. Hikers, surfers, and scuba divers flock to Crystal Cove State Park for woodland trails, offshore dive sites, and more than 3 miles of sandy beach.