Beachfront hotel situated on Seaside’s famed promenade, next to the aquarium; features an indoor pool
Best Western Ocean View Resort
The Best Western Ocean View Resort holds a prime oceanfront location along Seaside’s 1.8-mile promenade, which winds toward downtown. Take a walk or rent a bike to explore the full length of “the Prom,” which boasts spectacular Pacific Ocean views. In keeping with the coastal vibe, the hotel and the Prom are just steps away from the popular Seaside Aquarium, where visitors can feed the seals.
- Rooms with views: Peek out the window to take in sights of mountains or limited views of the dunes.
- Guest rooms feature a pillow-top mattress, a large flat-screen TV, a refrigerator, and a microwave.
- Take a swim in the indoor heated saline pool.
- Ocean Bakery Cafe, the onsite restaurant, features baked goods, espresso, build your own burger menu and more. Open for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
- Direct beach access: From this hotel’s doors, it’s only a short trek to the public beach.
Seaside, Oregon: Coastal Beauty Surrounding a Family-Friendly Town
Located along Oregon’s Pacific coast, about 80 miles northwest of Portland, the resort town of Seaside has attracted beachcombers since the late 19th century. More recently, the coastal village has become a family destination marked by historical buildings, tree-lined boulevards, and plenty of kid-friendly activities, including mini golf, bumper cars, and arcades.
A 1.5-mile oceanfront promenade—known locally as the Prom—stretches along the beach, its boardwalk speckled with shops and restaurants near grass-covered dunes. Along the Prom, you’ll find a bronze statue of Lewis and Clark that faces the ocean at the historic Seaside Turnaround—the spot where the explorers are thought to have ended their epic westward trek. The Seaside Aquarium is also located along the promenade. Pop in to visit its aquatic residents, including a giant Pacific octopus, tropical fish, and several crowd-pleasing harbor seals.