Hotel at a Glance: Best Western Plus Park Inn
The Best Western Plus Park Inn provides guests with a welcome escape just 3 miles from downtown Saratoga Springs. Surrounded by the natural beauty of Saratoga Spa State Park, the hotel is only a four-minute walk from numerous hiking and biking paths.
- Complimentary breakfast including cereal, fruit, eggs, yogurt, juice, and coffee
- Work up a sweat in the onsite fitness center, which has stationary bikes and treadmills.
- Distance from Saratoga National Historical Park: 14 miles
- Tee off at Saratoga Spa State Park Golf Course, which Golf Digest named one of the best places to golf for $55 or less in 2012.
- Try your luck at the Saratoga Casino & Raceway, a partner of the hotel that’s only a mile away.
Saratoga Springs, New York: Luxurious Springs Meet Revolutionary History
Saratoga Springs combines the best of two worlds: luxury and history. The city sits upon numerous natural springs famous not only for their healing properties but also for their distinct tastes. Springs can be found all over town, usually under gazebos or marked with plaques for easy public access. The most popular attraction is probably the Victoria Pool, which was the first heated pool in the United States.
The town’s place in history was cemented with the Battle of Saratoga, a major win for the Americans over the British army in 1777. Just 15 miles from downtown, visitors can explore the historic battleground and see the restored country house of American General Philip Schuyler. Horse-racing fans will want to head to the Saratoga Race Course, which has been thrilling crowds for more than 150 years.