Top Reasons to Stay at Best Western Rivertown Inn & Suites
- The hotel is located in Red Wing, Minnesota, a historic town on the Mississippi River about an hour south of Minneapolis.
- Guest rooms feature microwaves and refrigerators; suites have spacious living room areas.
- In the morning, head down for a complimentary breakfast that includes fruit, waffles and eggs with bacon, sausage, or ham.
- The property features an indoor/outdoor pool with a swim-under wall, and a 24-hour fitness room.
- In addition to the nearby natural attractions, you’ll be within walking distance of Pottery Place Historic Center, a renowned shopping destination filled with antiques, home goods, vintage apparel, and a pottery museum.
- Some options include a $15 dining credit to Provenzano’s Ristorante, a local Italian eatery that serves family-style pastas and thin crust pizza.
Red Wing, Minnesota: Historic Town on the Mississippi River
Located about 55 miles south of Minneapolis, the historic town of Red Wing sits on scenic bluffs overlooking the Mississippi River. Nature lovers flock to the area to admire the forested hills and sparkling lakes. Popular pastimes include bass and walleye fishing, hiking, and cruises along the Mississippi River or Lake Pepin. Climb aboard the Pearl of the Lake to learn about the area’s history and catch glimpses of bald eagles and great blue herons. A hike along the 2-mile Barn Bluff Trail, meanwhile, reveals gorgeous views of the Mississippi that were once admired by Henry David Thoreau.
In 2008, National Geographic Traveler named Red Wing one of the most historic destinations in North America for the way it still feels like a pre-1950s Midwest river community. Downtown, Victorian buildings house old-fashioned shops selling local jams, pottery, and, of course, Red Wing shoes. To learn more about the town’s past, take a ride on the Red Wing Trolley or step inside the Sheldon Theatre. Built in 1904, this jewel-box arts center hosts year-round events ranging from musicals to film screenings.
Read the Fine Print for important info on travel dates and other restrictions. No-shows will be charged total Groupon rate; no refunds, rescheduling, or rebooking allowed.