Hotel at a Glance: Best Western Space Shuttle Inn
This family-friendly Best Western is just a few miles from the Kennedy Space Center, where NASA’s Apollo moon missions and Space Shuttles were launched. The hotel is also about a 45-minute drive from Orlando and its many theme parks.
- Complimentary breakfast spread including fresh fruit, eggs, yogurt, and pastries
- Make a splash in the outdoor pool.
- Durango Steakhouse: Sink your teeth into prime cuts of steak at this onsite restaurant and lounge.
- Guest rooms feature high-speed Internet access and TVs.
- Stay active with cardio equipment and weight machines in the fitness center.
Titusville, Florida: Endangered Sea Turtles and Historic Shuttle Launches on Florida’s Space Coast
In 1969, the crew of Apollo 11 made history when they became the first humans to set foot on the moon. They began the journey at the Kennedy Space Center, located located about a 15-minute drive from Titusville. You can take a behind-the-scenes tour of the facility to see the legendary launch pad and observe a 360-foot Saturn V rocket. The Center is part of Florida’s world-famous Space Coast, which also contains Cape Canaveral.
Titusville also includes Canaveral National Seashore, which is on a windswept barrier island, where beaches give way to rolling sand dunes and marshlands filled with exotic plants and waterfowl. Lucky beachcombers might spot bald eagles or loggerhead sea turtles, which bury thousands of eggs on the shores each summer.