Hotel at a Glance: Blue Rock Resort
The centerpiece of this Cape Cod resort is its par-3 golf course, whose 18 challenging holes that have earned nods from Sports Illustrated and Golf Digest . The Geoffrey Cornish–designed course sprawls over 3,000 yards and is brought to life by more than 100 types of colorful flowers. You can get views of the course from the heated outdoor pool or the restaurant and lounge.
- Recent accolade: TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence in 2013
- Fill up on flame-broiled burgers and fresh cod sandwiches at The Grill Room ($25 dining credit included).
- Book a massage or facial at The Otis Cole Day Spa at Red Jacket Beach Resort, a sister property about 5 miles away
Highlights of Cape Cod, Massachusetts
- By the numbers: 60 miles south of Boston, 15 idyllic towns, and 300 miles of sandy shoreline
- Summer vacation destination: fresh-seafood restaurants, shops, and bicycle trails, such as the Chatham Old Colony and the Cape Cod Rail Trail
- Cape Cod National Seashore’s 44,000 acres stretch from Orleans to Provincetown and feature six swimming beaches, wild cranberry bogs, and miles of walking and biking trails.
- Whale watching: Between April and November, tour boats take passengers out to sea to catch glimpses of humpback and minke whales.
- Art and nightlife: In Provincetown, check out local artwork, as well as cabarets, bars, and lounges.
- Visiting with kids? Then check out Pirate’s Cove in South Yarmouth—it’s been named Best Kids’ Activity by Cape Cod Life for 18 years running.