What You Get
View local health guidelines for travel here
- Stay for two in a one-room cottage or four in a two-room cottage, wetland-view back-in RV site, canal site back-in RV site, beach-view back-in RV site, or beach-view pull-thru RV site
- $10 daily credit toward a kayak or paddle board rental
Hotel at a Glance: Blue Water RV Resort
Guests bask along the palm tree-lined white sands of the Gulf of Mexico in pastel cabins and luxury RV lots. With miles of beachfront access and a private boat ramp, they’re just as likely to relax on the soft sands—whether playing a game of volleyball or a bit of tanning—as they are to voyage out for a day of fishing. They rest indoors at the rec pavilion with tournaments of ping pong or explore on the discovery trail which winds through the natural wet lands.
- Contemporary interiors stacked with flat-screen TVs and marble counter tops complete the timeless gulf exteriors of these pastel-painted cottages.
- Access includes docks for fishing and boating and a private boat ramp
- Eat up at the on-site bar and grill dishing out hot plates of shrimp tacos and chicken fried steak; they’ll even cook any fresh catch brought in (up to one pound).
- Explore the natural world with kayak and paddle board rentals or take to the natural wetlands birding and nature walks.
- Game on with pickleball basket ball courts and corn hole on the lawn
- Scheduled events like beach bon-fires and barbecues to take the stress out of planning
- Learning opportunities nearby at the Brazoria Wildlife Refuge, the Sea Center and Fish Hatchery, and the Quintana Neotropical Bird Sanctuary.
Galveston, Texas: Exotic Animals, Water Parks, and Victorian Mansions on the Gulf of Mexico
Galveston occupies a barrier island roughly a half-hour drive from Houston. Its gulf beaches are bathed in sunlight more than 200 days of the year. Though Galveston’s climate is almost tropical, penguins waddle into chilly waters at the city’s most famous attraction, Moody Gardens. Nearby, saki monkeys roam a rainforest habitat, stingrays glide through a 1.5-million-gallon aquarium, and snow falls on moviegoers’ noses in a 4D theater. Another popular attraction is Schlitterbahn Waterpark, where you can zoom down water slides and sip drinks at a swim-up bar.
Step back in time with a visit to downtown Galveston’s Strand Historic District. Here, classic cars and horse-drawn carriages roll down streets lined with old-fashioned street lamps and elaborate Victorian mansions. These brick behemoths now house art galleries, antique stores, and shops selling homemade ice cream and handcrafted jewelry.
- One or two sets of bunk beds
- Standard occupancy: 2 (one set), 4 (two sets)
- Maximum occupancy: 2 (one set), 4 (two sets)
- One queen bed and one set of bunk beds
- Standard occupancy: 4
- Maximum occupancy: 4
Wetland-View Back-in RV Site, Canal Site Back-in RV Site, Beach-View Back-in RV Site, and Beach-View Pull-Thru RV Site
- Bedding not included
- Standard occupancy: 4 adults + 2 kids 17 or younger
- Maximum occupancy: 4 adults + 2 kids 17 or younger
- Check in: 3 p.m.
- Check out: 11 a.m.
- Parking: free
- Smoking policy: no smoking inside the property.
- Pet policy: pets are not allowed inside the property.
- Accessibility: please contact property for handicap-accessibility requests or options.
- Room upgrades: upgrades may be available by calling the property or at check-in for an additional cost.
- 11 miles of beach access
- Swimming pool
- Onsite bar and grill
- Complimentary WiFi
- Free parking
- Pet friendly beach and washing station
- Boating dock
- Fishing piers
- Kayak and paddle-board rentals
- Outdoor dining and picnic tables
- Community pavilion
- Pickleball court
The Fine Print
- 15-day cancellation notice required prior to check-in or reservation is non-refundable; reservations made within cancellation window are non-refundable
- No-shows will be charged total Groupon rate
- Traveler name must match ID at time of check-in
- No refunds will be processed by Groupon after check-in
- Must be 20+ to check in
- Credit card required at check-in
- Dates cannot be changed once booked; valid only for night(s) purchased
- 6% tax is charged at check-in for cottage stays.
- Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
Blue Water RV Resort
- Nearest airports: William P. Hobby Airport (HOU; 64.4 miles and George Bush Intercontinental Airport (IAH; 93.3 miles)
Distance from Galveston: 25 miles
- Distance from Houston: 55 miles