Hotel at a Glance: Boca Raton Marriott at Boca Center
The AAA Three Diamond–rated hotel Boca Raton Marriott at Boca Center is just a 15-minute drive from Boca Raton’s white-sand beaches and the bright-blue waters of the Atlantic. Inside, guest rooms keep you comfortable with rainfall showerheads, granite countertops, and a plug-in to connect your laptop, MP3 player, or digital camera to the LCD TV.
- Hit the fairways at some of the area’s best golf courses, including the 18-hole Deer Creek Golf Club, less than 5 miles from the hotel.
- Enjoy a dip in the large outdoor pool, which is surrounded by tropical plants, cushioned lounge chairs, and a hot tub.
- Sample classic American dishes in the plush dining room at Cafe 5150.
- Work up a sweat in the fitness room stocked with cardio and strength equipment.
- Distance to the beach: It’s just 7 miles to the sandy shores of Spanish River Park.
Boca Raton, Florida: Seaside Recreation and Shopping
Situated between Fort Lauderdale and Palm Beach, Boca Raton is a sunny playground for watersports enthusiasts, shoppers, and beachcombers. Sand dunes dot the city’s 2-mile beach—a popular launch site for kayakers and snorkelers. Farther inland, you’ll find shopping malls, upscale restaurants, and arts centers. Much of the architecture reflects the eclectic Mediterranean Revival style popular in the 1920s.
Just northwest of the city, the Arthur R. Marshall Loxahatchee National Wildlife Refuge occupies the northernmost portion of the Everglades. The grassy rivers are home to water lilies, alligators, and 257 species of snowbirds.