Hotel at a Glance: Brighton Suites Hotel
Brighton Suites Hotel is just a five-minute walk from Rehoboth Beach’s boardwalk and beachfront. When it’s too cool to swim in the pristine ocean waters, you can swim in the hotel’s heated, glass-enclosed pool.
- Wash sandy feet at the “Sand Recycling Center.”
- Where you’ll stay: Each spacious king or double suite features a separate living room, two TVs with DVD players and a wet bar.
- Newly renovated suites: All suites have been renovated in 2016, and host new mattresses, new furniture, new carpet, wall coverings, and feature bathrooms with marble vanities and fresh towels daily.
- Stay connected with the free WiFi.
- Walk to restaurants and shops along Rehoboth Avenue.
- Why go? USA Today readers chose Rehoboth Beach as 1 of America’s 10 best coastal small towns, citing its laid-back vibe and Victorian architecture.
Rehoboth Beach, Delaware: Pristine Beaches and Local Seafood
Perched on the Atlantic Ocean in eastern Delaware, the small town of Rehoboth Beach is surrounded by miles of beaches dotted with sand dunes and scraggly sea grasses. It’s a popular summertime destination for visitors from bordering states, who come for the small-town charm and pristine beaches. The eponymous main beach is one of the cleanest in the country—it was one of only 12 beaches in 2011 to receive a 5-star rating from the National Resources Defense Council for water quality, along with neighboring Dewey Beach. Both are nice spots to swim, surf, or sunbathe on soft, beige sands. You can also go tax-free shopping at beachfront boutiques or stroll down the mile-long Rehoboth Beach boardwalk.
Fresh seafood is on the menu at many Rehoboth Beach restaurants, including local oysters, New England lobster rolls, and Maryland rockfish. Wash it all down with a frosty Dogfish Head ale, a local favorite ever since the craft brewery opened its first brewpub in Rehoboth Beach in 1995. From May through October, you can purchase beach plum jams, artisanal cheeses, and other regional specialties at the Rehoboth Beach farmers’ market, held every Tuesday.