Bed & Breakfast at a Glance: Brookview Manor Inn
There's nothing like a good porch. A Victorian retreat tucked into the Poconos, Brookview Manor Inn welcomes visitors with a 1,060 square foot wraparound porch with an enormous swing and rocking chairs, nestled among trees and overlooking a creek. This large inn features an onsite restaurant, multiple lounges, and plenty of room to stretch out and explore the grounds.
- Unique rooms: Guest rooms in this elegant country cottage each have their own personality, and all feature a private bathroom
- Dip toes into: Brodhead Creek, directly across from the manor
- Included breakfast: menu changes daily and is created by an award-winning chef
- Relax with a glass of wine: There are plenty of places to relax at the inn, including the turreted lounge, the library with fireplace, or Herman's room
- Signature dishes: at the onsite restaurant, My Daughter's Place, prepared by a New York shelf (reservations are recommended). Diners can enjoy their meal in the fireside rooms or on the porch overlooking the creek, and after dinner, have a drink at the full bar and cocktail lounge
- Press your luck at Mount Airy Casino, eight miles from the inn. Brookview Manor Inn is also just minutes away from the Buck Hill Falls and Skytop golf courses, as well as a short drive from Camelbeach Water Park and nearby shopping outlets
Pennsylvania’s Pocono Mountains: Hiking, Trout Fishing, and Quaint, Historical Towns
The Poconos region of northeastern Pennsylvania accounts for some 2,400 square miles of mountains, lakes, waterfalls, and forests. The area has been a popular vacation destination ever since Pennsylvania Quakers opened a hotel here on the Delaware River in 1829. Today, the Poconos draw nearly 24 million annual visitors, thanks to year-round recreational opportunities and spectacular natural scenery.
The warmer months are a great time to explore the region’s lakes and wooded hills. For spectacular hikes, check out Delaware Water Gap National Recreation Area, where you can trek to dramatic waterfalls or follow a 27-mile section of the historic Appalachian Trail. Throughout the region are dozens of lakes and streams filled with bass and trout. Lake Wallenpaupack, located 18 miles north of Brookview Manor Inn, is one of the best fishing spots in the state.
There are diversions outside of hiking and fishing, too. A handful of quaint little towns full of antique shops and galleries nestle in the mountains. You'll find boutique wine galleries and historical mansions tucked away on country roads, including the late 19th-century Asa Packer Mansion, which is open for tours, in the borough of Jim Thorpe.