Hotel at a Glance: Carefree Resort
Just North of Phoenix and Scottsdale, Arizona lies a desert gem, the Carefree Resort & Conference Center. Here you can embrace the Southwestern lifestyle in total relaxation. It’s a place of soothing and simple spaces with panoramic views of the Continental Mountains. Play tennis, enjoy the spa, or simply relax at the pool with a margarita. For couples, families, or groups, Carefree Resort & Conference Center is a year-round destination that truly lives up to its name.
- Two swimming pools including a serenity pool surrounded by native desert plants
- Catch a sunset while sipping a prickly pear margarita.
- Five lighted tennis courts: Practice your serve when it cools off after dark.
- The Spa at Carefree offers restorative treatments such as facials, massages, and body wraps.
- Onsite restaurant and lounge: Head to The Lariat for specialties such as grilled steaks, delicious seafood and thin crust pizzas.
- Room with a view: You’ll get a private patio or balcony. Select options include views of the pool, desert, or mountains.
Carefree, Arizona: Upscale Artist Community with Charming Quirky Vibe
As its name would suggest, Carefree is a laid-back town with an upscale vibe and sense of humor to boot. Look out for quirky street signs (Ho Hum Road and Nonchalant Avenue) and keep in mind the town’s motto: “home of cowboys and caviar.” Phoenix lies about 30 miles to the south, and the Continental Mountains rise just to the north, creating a scenic backdrop opposite the Black Mountain range. There are a handful of hiking trails in the area and you can rent bicycles from the hotel, but if you want the full cowboy experience, you’ll want to sign up for a guided horseback ride through the desert.