Poconos resort has family-friendly suites with kitchenettes, plus amenities including a heated indoor pool, a game room, and volleyball
Hotel at a Glance: Carriage House Country Club
Carriage House Country Club is a family-friendly retreat for any season. In warmer months, parents fire up grills in the picnic area while kids run around the playground. Once the weather chills, groups gather around the fire pit on cool evenings or swim in the heated indoor pool.
- Home-cooked meals: thanks to kitchenettes in every suite
- Spotlight on the Royal suite: This larger unit adds a balcony and a jetted tub.
- Best ways to relax: spending time in the hot tubs or dry sauna
- Great for kids: Along with a game room, there are activities including basketball and volleyball.
- Special Events: Join the Carriage House Country Club for any of the yearly and seasonal events hosted, including Easter Weekend Egg Hunt, July 4th Spectacular, and Memorial Day Family Picnic. Contact resort for upgrade availability and pricing.
Pennsylvania’s Pocono Mountains: Hiking, Trout Fishing, and Historical Towns
The Poconos region of northeastern Pennsylvania accounts for some 2,400 square miles of mountains, lakes, waterfalls, and forests. The area has been a popular vacation destination ever since Pennsylvania Quakers opened a hotel here on the Delaware River in 1829. Today, the Poconos draw more than 25 million annual visitors, thanks to year-round recreational opportunities and stunning natural scenery.
The warmer months are a great time to explore the region’s lakes and wooded hills. For spectacular hikes, check out Delaware Water Gap National Recreation Area, where you can trek to dramatic waterfalls or follow a 27-mile section of the historic Appalachian Trail. A handful of little towns full of antique shops and galleries nestle in the mountains, too. You’ll find boutique wine galleries and historical mansions tucked away on country roads, including the late 19th-century Asa Packer Mansion, which is open for tours, in the borough of Jim Thorpe.