Top Reasons to Visit Cartwright Hotel
- The hotel is located a block from San Francisco’s Union Square, near the Powell Street BART station. This area is known for its high-end shopping, upscale restaurants, and nearby Chinatown.
- At Union Square, you can hitch a ride on one of San Francisco’s famous cable cars en route to Fisherman’s Wharf.
- Comfortable traditional queen and one-twin rooms have flat-screen LCD TVs and free WiFi.
- Each spacious junior suite comes with a separate living area, an extralarge marble-tiled bathroom, and two flat-screen LCD TVs.
- Relax next to the lobby fireplace or read a book on plush fireside couches.
San Francisco’s Union Square: Luxury Shopping District with Broadway Shows
Union Square is where San Franciscans go to find their coolest threads. The Square, which has grown to include several surrounding blocks, houses one of the country’s densest concentrations of department stores and upscale boutiques. It’s conveniently located in the heart of downtown, accessible via the Powell Street cable car.
Neiman Marcus, Saks Fifth Avenue, and Macy’s anchor its namesake plaza, and a new Bloomingdale’s was recently installed at the Westfield San Francisco Centre. There are smaller boutiques and independent clothiers here as well—you’ll find them tucked away on narrow alleyways. Sift through vintage books at family-owned antique shops, or admire iconic French fashion labels on the pedestrian-only Maiden Lane.
Union Square is also famous for its eclectic arts scene. The American Conservatory Theater produces Tony Award–winning dramas and comedies in a gorgeous Beaux-Arts building. And a handful of art galleries and museums—most notably the San Francisco Museum of Modern Art—display renowned works from artists such as Henri Matisse, Andy Warhol, and Edward Hopper.