A 4-star Mediterranean resort and spa in scenic Laguna Beach; features an indoor and outdoor spa along with ocean views
Hotel at a Glance: Casa Laguna Hotel & Spa
While strolling through Casa Laguna’s narrow and winding pathways, taking in the sound of ocean waves, one could be forgiven for thinking they were exploring a Mediterranean village. Terra-cotta shingles, Spanish-style architecture, and plenty of palm trees induce the feelings of Greece or Spain when guests aren’t exploring the surrounding Laguna Beach.
- Straight out of Spain: In the 21st century, the enclave was renovated to restore several of its original early-1900s features, including Catalina tiles.
- Free continental breakfast with housemade pastries and quiches is served each morning.
- Room spotlight: Select deluxe ocean-view rooms have furnished patios looking out to the Pacific and Catalina Island.
- Best way to unwind: At the indoor/outdoor spa. Outdoor spa-goers can gaze upon the ocean while getting massages.
- Snack anywhere: Guests can enjoy Mediterranean-inspired small plates in the lobby, their rooms, or even by the pool.
Laguna Beach, California: Seaside Art Community with Cliffside Mansions and Tide Pools
Laguna Beach is widely known as an affluent seaside community just off the iconic Pacific Coast Highway, thanks in part to the MTV reality show Laguna Beach. The Orange County city has its fair share of elaborate mansions, high-end boutiques, and upscale restaurants, but what sets Laguna Beach apart is its artistic scene. The city’s artistic community is set mainly in the Laguna Village neighborhood, where visitors can browse galleries and watch artisans working in their studios.
In typical Southern California fashion, visitors are drawn to the city’s Main Beach, where they lounge by the ocean and play volleyball along the boardwalk. Toward the beach’s north end lies Bird Rock, a towering rock formation where seabirds often gather. Sea slugs, red urchins, and sea cucumbers can be spotted swimming in the tide pools around the rock when the tide ebbs.