What You Get
Per CDC guidelines, travel to Mexico is highly discouraged at this time due to the increased COVID-19 levels currently being reported. Please view the latest travel information here.
✈ CDC Travel Order: Effective 1/26/21 all air passengers arriving to the US from a foreign country must get tested for COVID-19 infection no more than 3 days before their flight departs and to provide proof of the negative result or documentation of having recovered from COVID-19 to the airline before boarding the flight. More information on this testing requirement can be found here.
Catalonia has partnered with a local laboratory that provides COVID testing on site. Guests may sign up for an appointment on an app provided at check in. This service is external and therefore has an extra cost, payable directly to the laboratory. Please contact the resort for more information.
- All-inclusive stay for two in a premium room or privileged superior room
- Kids 6 or younger stay free
- Welcome drink
- All meals and snacks
- Local spirits and liquors, water, wine, beer, and soft drinks in all bars, restaurants, and disco
- Daily activities and nightly entertainment
- Non-motorized water sports: snorkel equipment, and kayaks
- One complimentary scuba diving lesson at the pool
- Complimentary WiFi
- Kid’s club (4–12 years)
Fitness center (age 18+)
- Beach and pool towels
- Rest area and hammocks
- Long chairs and sunshades by swimming pool area and long chairs by the beach
- All taxes included
Privileged Superior Room Includes:
- Privileged guest identification
- 24-hour room service
- 10% discount on massage or any treatment in the Alegría Spa, reservation required
- One access to the spa wet area; subject to availability, for guests 18+
- Beach towels delivered in the room on arrival
- Turndown service
- Exclusive B Loved Restaurant, with a la carte menu for breakfast, lunch, and dinner
- Exclusive area at the beach with snacks and drinks
- 10% discount for a romantic dinner
- 10% discount in the boutique and shops
- 10% discount on all extra services at the hotel
- Early check-in and late check-out (3 p.m.); subject to availability
Resort at a Glance: Catalonia Playa Maroma
The all-inclusive 5-star Catalonia Playa Maroma resort overlooks the bright-white sands of Maroma Beach, one of the most beautiful on the Riviera Maya. The beach boasts lush mangroves and sparkling turquoise waters that are nice for swimming, snorkeling, and kayaking—activities that are included with your stay. You can also go for a swim in the outdoor pool or take an introductory scuba-diving class.
- Multiple restaurants and bars: Dining options range from à la carte Mexican eateries to a local and international buffet.
- Drink up: Unlimited domestic cocktails, beer, and wine are included with your stay.
- Guest rooms feature balconies or terraces and complimentary WiFi.
- Play outdoors on the resort’s beach volleyball or tennis court, kayaks, and an archery field.
- Plan a spa day: Indulge in a mineral mud body wrap or aromatherapy massage on the beach at Spa Alegría.
Mexico’s Riviera Maya: Rich with History and Tropical Calm
Just south of Cancún, the Riviera Maya is a nearly 80-mile stretch of Caribbean coastline fronted by towns rich in Mexican culture. For some of the area’s best beaches, clubs, and snorkeling reefs, head to the rapidly growing city of Playa del Carmen. Farther south, Tulum sits on a perch of rocky bluffs and is better known for ancient ruins, including temples and a cliff-side castle. The inhabitants of Tulum—which means “walled” in the aboriginal language—first erected the city’s outer fortress to protect themselves from belligerent invaders. Today, the wall guards the archaeological zone, beginning with an entryway of two corbel arches and a limestone house built over an underwater cave.
Swimming in the secret caves isn’t allowed, but a scenic drive south of Playa del Carmen brings you to the Yucatán Peninsula’s legendary limestone cenotes, freshwater sinkholes created by an underground river system. At the Cenote Cristalino, you can jump from terraced outcroppings into an exposed pool or go snorkeling in underwater caves. You can also watch locals expertly flip, dive, and synchronously cannonball into the clear water at this popular weekend hangout.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is the best way to travel to the hotel from the airport? The best airport to fly in/out of Cancún International Airport (airport code: CUN). Travel time from the airport to the hotel is approximately 30 minutes. Airport transfer service is available for any additional fee, click here for details.
2. Is there an additional occupancy fee, or do I have to purchase another voucher? The standard occupancy of the Premium Room and Privileged Superior Room is 2 adults; up to 3 adults or 2 adults and 2 kids 12 or younger may stay in each room. An additional guest 13 or older may be added for between $60–$70 per person, per night, depending on the type of room. Kids aged 7–12 may be added for between $35–$40per night, depending on the type of room. Kids 0–6 stay free. Child discounts/free stays are only available if 2 adults are also staying in the room.
3. Will I be approached to attend a timeshare sales presentation? Customers are never obligated to attend a sales presentation. If you are approached and decline a presentation, you will not lose the value of your voucher or have to pay additional fees.
4. Which activities and amenities are included in the resort credits? No resort credits are included in this deal.
5. Are dinner reservations required for restaurants? Is there a dress code? Dinner reservations for the onsite restaurants are not required and there is no specific dress code. For more information about your dining options, please click here.
Premium Room and Privileged Superior Room
- One king bed or two queen beds
- Standard occupancy: 2
- Maximum occupancy: 4
- Adding occupants above standard: $60–$70 per night for each additional guest 13 or older; $35–$40 per night for each additional guest 7–12; kids 6 or younger stay free
- Check in: 3 p.m.
- Check out: 12 p.m.
- Parking: free
- Smoking policy: no smoking inside the property.
- Pet policy: pets are not allowed inside the property.
- Accessibility: handicap-accessible rooms are not available.
- Room upgrades: upgrades may be available during booking or at check-in for an additional cost.
- Multiple restaurants and bars
- Outdoor pool
- Non-motorized watersports
- Daily activities, such as aerobics, volleyball, or aqua-aerobics
- Nightly entertainment and disco
- Fitness center
- Tennis, beach volleyball, and beach football
- Ping-pong and archery
- Complimentary WiFi
- Kids’ club
- 24-hour cancellation notice required prior to check-in or reservation is non-refundable; reservations made within cancellation window are non-refundable
- No-shows will be charged total Groupon rate
- Traveler name must match ID at time of check-in
- No refunds will be processed by Groupon after check-in
- Must be 18+ to check in
- Credit card required at check-in
- Must present valid US or Canadian ID at check-in
- All prices and charges listed in US Dollars
- Purchases are in US Dollars
- Foreign exchange fee may apply
- $1.30 environmental tax per room per night paid at check-in
- Airfare not included
- Rates may vary by date and are subject to availability
- Dates cannot be changed once booked; valid only for night(s) purchased.
- Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
About Catalonia Playa Maroma
- Nearest airport: Cancun International (CUN; 25 miles/40 km)
- Distance from Playa del Carmen: 12 miles/19 kilometers