Hotel at a Glance: Catalonia Royal Bavaro
The AAA Four Diamond Catalonia Royal Bavaro is designed to give guests a break from everyday life. This adults-only, 4.5-star all-inclusive resort is right on the beach, with daily activities and a full-service spa. You’ll find thoughtful amenities to make your trip relaxing, from 24-hour room service to free golf and dance lessons.
- Take a dip in the extralarge infinity pool next to the beach or the pool with a built-in hot tub.
- All-inclusive eats and drinks: There are multiple bars and five restaurants at the resort, including an international buffet eatery, a Caribbean restaurant, a steak house, and beach and swim-up bars. Or, dine in your room using the included 24-hour room service.
- Tee off: The onsite 9- and 18-hole golf courses feature palm trees and great water views.
- On the water: Kayak, snorkel, sail on a catamaran, or take an introductory scuba-diving lesson in the pool.
- Watch the sunset from the hammock on your superior junior suite’s private terrace.
- Additional facilities: Guests have access to all facilities at Catalonia Royal Bavaro’s sister property, Catalonia Bavaro Beach, including eight restaurants, a disco, a theater, seven bars, and a shopping area.
- Extra perk: All guests at Catalonia Royal Bavaro receive a 25% discount at the new Pearl Beach Club, which is within walking distance from the resort.
Punta Cana, Dominican Republic: Miles of White-Sand Beaches
When Christopher Columbus landed on the Dominican Republic more than five centuries ago, he described it as “a beautiful island paradise.” Punta Cana, located on the island’s easternmost tip, lays legitimate claim to that description. The coast stretches for more than 20 miles and is dotted with coconut palms, chaise lounges, and laid-back bars. Glitzy resorts feature prominently along the shoreline, but Playa El Cortecito, a short drive up the coast, harks back to earlier times. Brightly colored, thatched-roof shacks line the beach, and local fishermen bring their boats to shore each afternoon with the day’s catch.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is the best way to travel to the hotel from the airport? Punta Cana International Airport (PUJ) is 12 miles from the property.
2. Is there an additional occupancy fee, or do I have to purchase another Groupon? The Groupon covers two guests. One additional guest 18 or older may be added for an additional fee; kids 17 or younger are not allowed. The rate for adding occupants above standard fluctuates depending on the time of year, with prices ranging from $98 per night to $180 per night. Click here for details.
3. Will I be approached to attend a timeshare sales presentation? Groupon customers are never obligated to attend a sales presentation. If you are approached and decline a presentation, you will not lose the value of your Groupon or have to pay additional fees.
4. Which activities and amenities are included in the resort credits? Resort credits are not included with the Groupon.
5. Are dinner reservations required for restaurants? Is there a dress code? There is no reservation required for the a la carte restaurants. For more information regarding your dining options, please click here.