All-inclusive stay at an adults-only resort lets vacationers drink and eat to their heart’s content or venture out on day trips
Hotel at a Glance: Catalonia Royal La Romana
Though this adults-only resort boasts enough amenities to keep guests on site, its proximity to local Dominican destinations is a boon to curious travelers. A day trip, for example, could bring them to Bayahíbe, a fishing village less than three miles away that—though tiny—is a big attraction for scuba divers. Farther west, but still less than 20 miles away, they could also end up at Altos de Chavón, a replica of an old Mediterranean village that includes a Caribbean art center and amphitheater. Other nearby destinations include Saona and Catalina Islands, which can be reached by a scenic 30-minute boat ride, as well as Parque Nacional Del Este, a national park that contains some of the most impressive remains from the island’s first inhabitants, the Taino Indians.
- All-inclusive stays include a room with balcony or terrace, access to all facilities at the nearby sister property, Gran Dominicus, drinks in all of the resort’s restaurants and bars, and more.
- International fare at the onsite restaurants offers everything from Peruvian to Southeast Asian to Mediterranean.
- Punta Cana is only an hour’s drive away, with its vibrant bars, clubs, and restaurants.
La Romana, Dominican Republic: Resort Town with Beautiful Beaches
Once dominated by sugar production, La Romana is now one of the Dominican Republic’s most prominent resort destinations. The city draws visitors year-round thanks to its lush vegetation, gorgeous golf courses, and beautiful beaches with warm ocean waters.
There are several attractive options for day trips near La Romana. The 100,000-year-old Las Maravillas Cave, which was once inhabited by native Taíno Indians, is available for tours. Catalina Island is a scenic spot for snorkeling amid coral reefs, and the resort town of Punta Cana is about 50 miles northeast.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is the best way to travel to the hotel from the airport? The property is about 12 miles from La Romana International Airport (LRM).
2. Is there an additional occupancy fee, or do I have to make another purchase? The deal covers two guests 18 or older. One additional guest 18 or older may be added to superior rooms for an additional charge. Please contact property for details.
3. Will I be approached to attend a timeshare sales presentation? Customers are never obligated to attend a sales presentation. If you are approached and decline a presentation, you will not lose the value of your voucher or have to pay additional fees.
4. Which activities and amenities are included in the resort credits? No resort credits are included in this deal.
5. Are dinner reservations required for restaurants? Is there a dress code? For information regarding your dining options, please click here.