What You Get
View local health guidelines for travel here
- Stay for two in a lodge king room, beach level king room or lakeside vista king room
Hotel at a Glance: The Center Harbor Inn
There’s an unlimited supply of fresh air and natural splendor at the Center Harbor Inn. The resort sits on the shores of Lake Winnipesaukee in central New Hampshire, where it overlooks lush forests and the distant peaks of the White Mountains. The Center Harbor Inn allows you to leave the noise, crowds, and hustle of the city behind in exchange for peace, tranquility, and fresh air of the country.
- In-room amenities: Choose between a beach level king room, lodge king room or lakeside vista king room, all equipped with a mini refrigerator, microwave, flat-screen TV with direct TV, and free WiFi.
- Free continental breakfast to start the day
- Walk to town: It’s just a few blocks from the inn.
- Close to: Weirs Beach, Mt. Washington Cruises, and White Mountain National Forest.
Center Harbor, New Hampshire: Century-Old Resort Town on Lake Winnipesaukee
Visitors have been coming to Center Harbor for more than a century to lounge on the sandy beaches and frolic in Lake Winnipesaukee’s sparkling waters. In the early days they arrived each summer on trains and steamboats, which ferried passengers to resort towns all along the 72-square-mile lake. One of the best-known steamboats was the S.S. Mount Washington. Built in 1872 and rebuilt in 1940 after being lost to a devastating fire, the storied vessel now hosts sunset dinner cruises.
Center Harbor thrives during the summer but there’s plenty to do throughout the year. A number of hiking trails encircle the lake, offering up-close views of fall foliage and spring wildflowers. You can also fish the lake from private or public docks all year long, though you’ll have to switch to ice fishing in the winter. The White Mountains are just an hour up the road; head here to hike, ski, and visit historical small towns dotting the landscape.
The inn, with buildings that were built in 1920 and 1969, has recently been purchased by Path Resorts who have recently finished comprehensive renovations of the property. Nearly five decades of use had taken its toll on the luxury and attractiveness of the Center Harbor Inn. The carpets were worn, and the wooden decking for those private balconies had disconcerting holes in them. Center Harbor’s largest lodging establishment was recently treated to a much-needed overhaul, and one of the region’s best-known hospitality names now has a lakeside property. The plain white exterior has been replaced with an Adirondack-style face. It resembles the rugged architectural style associated with the use of native building materials and irregular wooded landscape, featuring Douglas fir and a gabled roof. Each of these luxurious and recently furnished units come equipped with air-conditioners, mini refrigerators, televisions, telephones, and a private balcony overlooking the Lake Winnipesaukee.
Lodge King Room, Beach Level King Room, or Lakeside Vista King Room
- One king bed
- Standard occupancy: 2
- Maximum occupancy: 2
- Check in: 3 p.m.
- Check out: 11 a.m.
- Parking: free
- Smoking policy: no smoking inside the property.
- Pet policy: pets are not allowed inside the property.
- Accessibility: handicap-accessible rooms are not available.
- Room upgrades: upgrades may be available by calling the property or at check-in for an additional cost.
- Free continental breakfast
- Outdoor four-season hot tub
- Fire pit
- Fitness room and sauna
- 200-foot private beach
- Docks, slips, and moorings (additional fees may apply)
- Free WiFi
The Fine Print
- 7-day cancellation notice required prior to check-in or reservation is non-refundable; reservations made within cancellation window are non-refundable
- No-shows will be charged total Groupon rate
- Traveler name must match ID at time of check-in
- No refunds will be processed by Groupon after check-in
- Must be 21+ to check in
- Credit card required at check-in
- $200 refundable credit card authorization charge for incidentals paid at check-in
- Rates may vary by date and are subject to availability
- Dates cannot be changed once booked; valid only for night(s) purchased.
- Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
About Center Harbor Inn
- Nearest airport: Manchester Airport
- Distance from Portland, ME: 77 miles