Hotel at a Glance: Century-Plaza Hotel & Spa
Downtown Vancouver is full of upscale shops and restaurants, all surrounded by views of mountains, forest, and ocean. It’s here—in the center of downtown—that you’ll find Century-Plaza Hotel & Spa. Located within walking distance of Stanley Park, this upscale hotel has an award-winning onsite spa as well as a newly revamped restaurant and a sleek new coffee bar in the lobby.
- In-room amenities: Spa Binge Naturals bath products and kitchenettes or full kitchens
- Interesting dish: 12-ounce pepper-crusted Angus New York striploin with lyonnaise potato, sous vide shallot, and a red wine demi glaze
- Laugh it up: Guest comedians at the onsite Comedy Mix have included Kristen Schaal, Brian Posehn, Jon Dore, and Pete Holmes.
- Shop till you drop: The hotel is a five-minute walk from Robson Street, a popular shopping spot with stores such as Lush, Armani Exchange, and French Connection.
- Blend in like a local: Feel free to wear your Lululemon yoga pants in public—they’re standard wear in this health- and fitness-loving city (which is also the company's home base).
Vancouver, British Columbia: Coastal Parks in Hollywood North
Each year, upwards of 8 million pedestrians and cyclists visit Vancouver’s sprawling Stanley Park, considered to be one of the finest public parks in the world. It is situated on an elevated peninsula only about a mile from the hotel, and is home to more than 1,000 acres of ancient trees, including enormous western red cedars and douglas firs. Scenic pathways that face the harbor hug the park's 13.7-mile (22 km) seawall. Anchored inside the park, the Vancouver Aquarium—the biggest aquarium in Canada—houses more than 70,000 animals including dolphins, beluga whales, and sea lions.
Hundreds of major films have been shot in Vancouver, earning it the nickname Hollywood North. It’s now the third-largest movie and television production center in North America, and the setting of movies ranging from Juno to the Orson Welles biopic Aliens vs. Predator: Requiem. With a little research, you can track down spots from past TV and movie sets on your own, or take a guided tour of locations used in The X-Files, Smallville, and the Twilight series, among others.
No-shows will be charged total Groupon rate; no refunds, rescheduling, or rebooking allowed. Read the Fine Print for important info on offer details and other restrictions.