Hotel at a Glance: Century-Plaza Hotel & Spa
Downtown Vancouver is full of upscale shops and restaurants, all surrounded by views of mountains, forest, and ocean. It’s here—in the center of downtown—that you’ll find Century-Plaza Hotel & Spa. Located within walking distance of Stanley Park, this upscale hotel has an award-winning onsite spa as well as a newly revamped restaurant and a sleek new coffee bar in the lobby.
- In-suite amenities: Spa Binge Naturals bath products and a kitchenette or full kitchen
- Try this dish: 12-ounce heritage ribeye steak with pont neuf potato, cauliflower gratin, and truffle butter
- Laugh it up: Guest comedians at the onsite Comedy Mix have included Kristen Schaal, Brian Posehn, and Pete Holmes.
- Shop till you drop: The hotel is a 5-minute walk from Robson Street, a popular shopping spot with stores such as Lush, Armani Exchange, and French Connection.
- Blend in like a local: Lululemon yoga pants are standard dress in this health- and fitness-loving city—it's the company's home base.
Downtown Vancouver: Bustling Metropolis with Beautiful Harbor Views
A west-coast cosmopolis, Vancouver's location on a peninsula between English Bay and Vancouver Harbour presents a rare blend of urban amenities and natural splendor. You can catch glimpses of the waterfront—and the North Shore Mountains beyond—all across the city, but it's worth it to visit historic Gastown to shop, dine, and stroll along the harbor. Another retail area worth checking out is Robson Street, a three-block stretch of northern downtown lined with boutique clothing stores and cafes.
At the tip of the peninsula lies Stanley Park, whose 900 acres (400 hectares) encompass forests, beaches, and gardens. The Seawall, a 13-mile (22-km) waterfront path, encircles the park and has designated lanes for walkers, joggers, cyclists, and inline skaters. There are numerous smaller parks spread throughout the city, too, making Vancouver feel like an urban oasis.