Hotel at a Glance: Champions World Resort
Located just south of Orlando, Kissimmee is called “the gateway to Disney” by Fodor’s. Champions World Resort is in the heart of Kissimmee, so close to the parks that it has earned an official designation as a Walt Disney Good Neighbor® Hotel. This status gives guests benefits including the services of an onsite itinerary planner.
- Hitch a ride: Champions provides free scheduled transportation to Walt Disney World® Theme Parks, SeaWorld Orlando, and Universal Orlando Resort.
- Kid tested: The property features three swimming pools, a game room, a playground, and a sports practice field.
- Family-friendly dining: Frazier's Place Restaurant & Lounge serves classic pub fare such as wings, burgers, and mozzarella sticks. Kids younger than 10 eat breakfast here for free.
- Convenient in-room amenities: microwaves, refrigerators, and cable TVs
- Shop till you drop: The resort offers a free scheduled shuttle to the Lake Buena Vista Factory Stores, where you’ll find discounted prices on designers including Nike, Calvin Klein, and Nine West.
Highlights of Kissimmee, Florida
- Close to the action: Located on the banks of Lake Tohopekaliga, Kissimmee sits about 22 miles from downtown Orlando and just 16 miles from the Walt Disney World® Theme Parks.
- Walt Disney World® Theme Parks: Making up the world’s most-visited entertainment resort, they span roughly 30,000 acres, encompassing four theme parks, two water parks, five golf courses, and more.
- Nightly spectacles: There's a show that incorporates fireworks, lasers, and water each night.
- Other popular attractions: Universal Orlando Resort, SeaWorld Orlando, and Gatorland
- Vibrant arts district: Downtown Orlando is home to CityArts Factory, a multifaceted patchwork of gallery spaces.
- More world-class art awaits at the Orlando Museum of Art, which houses pieces by Georgia O’Keeffe, Robert Rauschenberg, Ansel Adams, and Andy Warhol.
- LOL: SAK Comedy Lab hosts family-friendly improv shows five nights a week.