Top Reasons to Visit Chateau Resort
- Situated at the base of Camelback Mountain, this AAA Three Diamond resort is close to many of the region’s top attractions.
- After a day of exploring the Poconos, you can unwind with a hot-stone or lomilomi massage, thanks to the resort's onsite spa services.
- The Mountainview Restaurant & Lounge serves seafood, steaks, and pasta dishes amid views of Camelback Mountain.
- You’ll get equally impressive views from mountain-view guest rooms, as well as free WiFi. Some rooms have private balconies.
- You can splash around in the resort’s indoor or outdoor pool, or visit Camelbeach Mountain Waterpark just a few minutes away.
- The resort features an onsite fitness center, whirlpool, and sauna.
Pennsylvania’s Pocono Mountains: Hiking, Trout Fishing, and Quaint, Historical Towns
The Poconos region of northeastern Pennsylvania accounts for some 2,400 square miles of mountains, lakes, waterfalls, and forests. The area has been a popular vacation destination ever since Pennsylvania Quakers opened a hotel here on the Delaware River in 1829. Today, the Poconos draw nearly 24 million annual visitors, thanks to year-round recreational opportunities and spectacular natural scenery.
The warmer months are a great time to explore the region’s lakes and wooded hills. For spectacular hikes, check out Delaware Water Gap National Recreation Area, where you can trek to dramatic waterfalls or follow a 27-mile section of the historic Appalachian Trail. Throughout the region are dozens of lakes and streams filled with bass and trout for fishing, and families can enjoy whitewater rafting down Lehigh River.
There are diversions outside of hiking and fishing, too. A handful of quaint little towns full of antique shops and galleries nestle in the mountains. You'll also find wineries in the area, including Mountain View Vineyard & Winery in Stroudsburg, which offers free tours.