What You Get
View local health guidelines for travel here
- Stay for two in a dunes-view king room or four in a dunes-view double-queen room
Hotel at a Glance: Chautauqua Lodge
Chautauqua Lodge was named after a Native American phrase that means “a place where the fish was taken out.” It’s a nod to Long Beach’s fishing culture, which permeates the old-fashioned beachside hotel. Each guest room faces the sea and has a patio where you can soak in the Pacific sunset. For more room, choose a standard or deluxe suite, which includes a dining area and a kitchenette with a balcony or patio.
- Stay connected with complimentary WiFi and cable TV.
- Take a dip in the indoor heated pool.
- Sit by the fire at the hotel’s gas firepit areas overlooking the dunes.
- Beach access: Chautauqua Lodge sits just steps from the beach, with easy access to Lewis and Clark’s Discovery Trail, which connects Long Beach to nearby Cape Disappointment.
Long Beach, Washington: Clams, Kites, and Cranberries on the Pacific Coast
About 115 miles northwest of Portland, 28 miles of uninterrupted shoreline stretches across the Long Beach Peninsula. Crowds flock to the area all year—even in the winter months, when average temperatures are in the 40s. The main draw during that part of the year is clamming. On certain government-approved dates, you can take to the sands to dig for fresh razor clams, which locals enjoy battered and fried in butter.
Come spring, warmer weather brings out swarms of colorful kites. Kite flying is something of an obsession in Long Beach. The town is home to an annual kite festival as well as the World Kite Museum, dedicated to the art, history, and science of kite making. Another local obsession is cranberries—their bright-red bogs line the coast from Oregon to British Columbia. At the Pacific Coast Cranberry Museum in Long Beach, you can learn about the history of cranberry farming and tour a bog.
Dunes-View King Room
- One king bed
- Standard occupancy: 2
- Maximum occupancy: 2
Dunes-View Double-Queen Room
- Two queen beds
- Standard occupancy: 4
- Maximum occupancy: 4
- Check in: 4 p.m.
- Check out: 11 a.m.
- Parking: free
- Smoking policy: no smoking in rooms or within 25 feet of a doorway.
- Pet policy: please contact property for pet restrictions and fees.
- Accessibility: please contact property for handicap accessibility requests or options.
- Room upgrades: upgrades may be available by calling the property or at check-in for an additional cost.
- Indoor heated pool
- Hot tub and sauna
- Complimentary WiFi
- Picnic area with BBQ
- Horseshoe pits
- Beach volleyball court
- Fish-cleaning station
- Books, movies, and board games
- Pet-walking area
- Direct beach access
- 24-hour cancellation notice required prior to check-in or reservation is non-refundable; reservations made within cancellation window are non-refundable
- No-shows will be charged total Groupon rate
- Traveler name must match ID at time of check-in
- No refunds will be processed by Groupon after check-in
- Must be 18+ to check in
- Credit card required at check-in
- Rates may vary by date and are subject to availability
- Dates cannot be changed once booked; valid only for night(s) purchased
- Final price at checkout may include an additional Groupon service fee, which Groupon retains as compensation for facilitating your reservation; this fee will not exceed 5% of the nightly cost of the reservation.
- Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
- Learn about Strike-Through Pricing and Savings
About Chautauqua Resort & Conference Center
- Nearest airport: Portland International Airport (PDX; 120 mi)
- Distance from Portland: about 114 miles