Top Reasons to Stay at CoCo Key Hotel & Water Resort
- The resort's water park thrills with 14 slides and four heated pools.
- Set youngsters loose at the Parrots Perch water playground, whose zero-depth entry leads to water cannons and climbable structures.
- Modern and spacious guest rooms come with WiFi, 37-inch flat-screen TVs, and mini fridges.
- More than 50 arcade games fill the sprawling Key Quest Arcade adjacent to the water park.
- Scheduled shuttle service takes guests to Universal Orlando Resort, SeaWorld Orlando, and other nearby theme parks.
- Grab a bite at the tropical Tradewinds restaurant and the family-friendly Callaloo Grille or Pizza Hut Express.
Orlando, Florida: World-Famous Theme Parks and Cultural Surprises
CoCo Key's scheduled shuttle ferries guests to Universal Orlando Resort and its affiliated water park, Wet 'n Wild, as well as to SeaWorld Orlando and Aquatica—all of which are located a few minutes away.
Located in the center of Florida, Orlando may be forever associated with the Walt Disney World® Theme Parks, which now are part of the world’s most-visited entertainment resort. It spans roughly 30,000 acres, encompassing four theme parks, two water parks, five golf courses, and the Downtown Disney® Marketplace. There’s no shortage of things to do here: begin your day by boarding a rocket-shaped three-seater that climbs to 180 feet before entering a deep black tunnel and racing past stars, satellites, and constellations. Walk across the park to sample Moroccan cuisine for lunch, or ride a dune buggy through a haunted 18th-century mansion. Before heading back to the hotel, take in the nightly fireworks, laser, and water show. As one of the most popular family destinations in the world, sunny Orlando is home to other theme parks including Universal Orlando Resort, SeaWorld Orlando, and Gatorland.
Those hoping to shake up the typical theme-park-dominated itinerary can head into downtown Orlando's vibrant arts district. The neighborhood boasts venues such as CityArts Factory, a multifaceted patchwork of gallery spaces, and SAK Comedy Lab, which hosts family-friendly improv shows five nights a week.
About a 10-minute drive north, you’ll find eight cultural institutions at Loch Haven Park, including the Orlando Museum of Art, which houses pieces by Georgia O’Keeffe, Robert Rauschenberg, Ansel Adams, and Andy Warhol. The park is also home to the Orlando Shakespeare Theater, the Orlando Philharmonic Orchestra, and the Orlando Science Center. Visit the science center to take a rover across a simulation of Mars’s red surface, or race on a 70-foot pinewood derby track.