Hotel at a Glance: Comfort Suites Alamo/River Walk
You could argue that San Antonio's main drag is actually its namesake river. As the waterway courses through downtown San Antonio, it's bordered by waterfront shops, cafés, and sidewalks. The river walk also connects visitors to must-see attractions including the Alamo and La Villita—an art village with crafts and restaurants. Less than 1 mile away, the Comfort Suites Alamo/River Walk offers easy access to the river walk and downtown.
- Free perks: daily breakfast, WiFi, manager's wine-and-cheese reception Tuesday–Thursday, and a shuttle to downtown
- Improve your golf game at the onsite outdoor putting green.
- Take a dip in the outdoor heated pool and hot tub.
Highlights of San Antonio, Texas
- American version of Venice: Flanked by stone pathways, waterfalls, and cypress trees, the 2.5-mile river walk wends past cafés, hotels, bars, and shops.
- San Antonio Museum of Art: more than 25,000 sculptures and paintings ranging from Roman antiquities to contemporary art
- Remember the Alamo: Thanks to the 1836 battle that made it a symbol of Texas independence, the Alamo has become the most visited tourist site in the state.
- Historic Spanish missions are clustered around the San Antonio River. The famed rose window at Mission San José is once again on display following an extensive renovation.