What You Get
View local health guidelines for travel here
- Stay for two in a standard king room, standard two-double room, lake-view king room, or lakefront king suite
- Up to two kids 14 or younger stay free in a standard two-double room
Policies and Fees
- Reservations: Dates cannot be changed once booked; valid only for night(s) purchased.
- Cancellation policy: 48-hour cancellation notice required prior to check-in or reservation is non-refundable; reservations made within cancellation window are non-refundable.
- Rates may vary by date and are subject to availability.
No-shows will be charged total rate; no refunds, rescheduling, or rebooking allowed.
Hotel at a Glance: The Congress Plaza Hotel & Convention Center
When it was opened in 1893, The Congress Plaza Hotel & Convention Center was intended to be the elite spot for travelers who passed through Chicago. The hotel first welcomed guests during the World’s Columbian Exposition. Over the next 50 years, it was furnished with glamorous ballrooms and stylish supper clubs. Now the hotel’s chief advantage is its superb location in downtown Chicago, where it stands along Michigan Avenue. It’s just minutes from Grant Park, several world-class museums, and a host of luxury retail stores.
- Onsite dining: Rafael’s Restaurant serves gourmet burgers, pan-roasted rainbow trout, and other specialties. In the morning, you can enjoy a hearty American breakfast at the Gazebo Restaurant.
- Past presidential guests: Teddy Roosevelt, Woodrow Wilson, Franklin D. Roosevelt, and Richard Nixon
- Work up a sweat in the 24-hour fitness room.
- Get some culture across the street at the Auditorium Theatre, which offers musical performances, plays, and ballet.
Chicago’s Loop: Historic Commercial Center with World-Class Museums and Parks
Named after the shape formed by the elevated train tracks that form its perimeter, The Loop is Chicago’s downtown and the country’s second-largest business district. Skyscrapers such as the Willis Tower (formerly the Sears Tower) and the art-deco Chicago Board of Trade Building loom large here. They overlook waterfront parks, a glitzy theater district, and some of the world’s finest art collections.
The Art Institute of Chicago’s gargantuan collection covers everything from marble busts to Grant Wood’s American Gothic. Just north of the Art Institute, Millennium Park is known for both the Frank Gehry–designed Jay Pritzker Pavilion and for the sculpture Cloud Gate, known to Chicagoans as “The Bean” for its legume-like shape. Nearby Grant Park is dotted with several impressive attractions, including Buckingham Fountain, the Field Museum, Shedd Aquarium, and Adler Planetarium. The city’s public transportation system is among the country’s best. Check out our guide to Chicago public transportation for helpful tips on navigating the city like a local
Standard King Room, Lake-View King Room, and Lakefront King Suite
- One king bed
- Standard occupancy: 2
- Maximum occupancy: 2
Standard Two-Double Room
- Two double beds
- Standard occupancy: 2
- Maximum occupancy: 4
- ADA accessible rooms available upon request
- Adding occupants above standard: $20 per night for each additional guest 15 or older; kids 14 or younger stay free
- Check in: 3 p.m.
- Check out: 12 p.m.
- Parking: self-parking available for an additional $46 per day; valet available for an additional $52 per day.
- Smoking policy: no smoking inside the property.
- Pet policy: pets are not allowed inside the property.
- Accessibility: please contact property for handicap-accessibility requests or options.
- Room upgrades: not available
- Two restaurants and a lounge on site
- Room service
- 24-hour exercise facility
- Free WiFi
- Gift shop
- Concierge services
The Fine Print
- 48-hour cancellation notice required prior to check-in or reservation is non-refundable; reservations made within cancellation window are non-refundable
- No-shows will be charged total Groupon rate
- Traveler name must match ID at time of check-in
- No refunds will be processed by Groupon after check-in
- Must be 18+ to check in
- Credit card required at check-in
- Dates cannot be changed once booked; valid only for night(s) purchased.
- Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
About The Congress Plaza Hotel & Convention Center
- Nearest airports: Midway (MDW; 12 mi) and O’Hare (ORD; 19 mi)
- Cab fare: about $45 from MDW and $60 from ORD, including a 15% tip
- Nearest transit stops: CTA Blue Line, LaSalle stop; CTA Orange Line, Harold Washington Library stop
- Shuttle service: available through Airport Express; book prior to your trip