Only 10 miles from Hersheypark, this Harrisburg, PA hotel offers a complimentary breakfast and an indoor pool.
Hotel at a Glance: Country Inn & Suites by Radisson Harrisburg at Union Deposit Road
Whether you’re heading to nearby Hershey, PA and its popular Hersheypark, or stopping by the National Civil War Museum, Country Inn & Suites by Radisson Harrisburg at Union Deposit Road makes your visit easy, convenient, and comfortable. At the end of a long day, you can relax with some time in the hot tub or by borrowing a book from the lending library.
- Hot breakfast: It’s the most important meal of the day, and it’s on the house. So do it right with Belgian waffles, eggs, sausage, fresh fruit, pastries, juice, coffee, and more.
- Where you’ll stay: Guest rooms surround visitors with modern comforts, including free high-speed WiFi, 40-inch HDTVs, and a microwave and refrigerator.
- Take a dip in the heated indoor pool.
- Free goodies: The hotel offers complimentary cookies, coffee, tea, and candy.
- Distance to Hershey, PA: Only about 10 miles.
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania: Historic State Capital near Chocolate Empire
The midsize city of Harrisburg has played a part in key moments in US history: it was the site of several Civil War battles, as well as a rail and transportation hub during the Industrial Revolution. The National Civil War Museum chronicles the war from both the Southern and Northern perspectives, housing more than 12,000 artifacts including Robert E. Lee’s pocket Bible and Ulysses S. Grant’s sword belt. The Pennsylvania State Capitol Complex—which Teddy Roosevelt once praised as “the handsomest” he’d ever seen—is also worth a stop. You can take a guided tours around the Beaux Arts building, which was constructed in 1902.
Nearby Hershey bills itself as “The Sweetest Place on Earth,” and it’s hard to dispute that claim—the whole town smells like chocolate. Rags-to-riches entrepreneur Milton Hershey founded Hershey in 1903 as a company town for his factory workers. These days, it’s at the center of a confection empire where you’ll find candy-themed amusement parks and museums. At Hersheypark®, you can ride 13 roller coasters and float in inner tubes down a lazy river. Next door, the Hershey’s Chocolate World trolley tour takes passengers to Milton Hershey’s boyhood home and the mansion he built across from his factory.