Hotel at a Glance: Country Inn & Suites Ithaca
This Country Inn & Suites feels more like a home than a hotel, with a crackling fire in the lobby and cushy couches to lounge on. The up-to-date hotel is just a five-minute drive from the shops and eateries of downtown Ithaca, and it’s also close to Cornell University, Ithaca College, and the Finger Lakes.
- Spacious suites feature separate living and sleeping areas and free WiFi.
- Hot breakfast buffet including waffles, pastries, eggs, meats, and coffee
- Ride the free shuttle to nearby stores and restaurants.
- Take a swim in the heated indoor pool.
- Free perks: Coffee, candy, and chocolate-chip cookies are on hand 24 hours a day.
Ithaca, New York: College Town with Outdoor Pursuits
Ithaca is the quintessential college town. Home to Cornell University, Ithaca College, and more than 200,000 students each year, it’s a hotspot for local bookstores, liberal thinking, independent businesses, and the performing arts in the middle of New York State. This is where you’ll find beautiful campus lawns and venerable buildings as well as restaurants to huddle in when it gets cold. Be sure to stop at the famous Moosewood Restaurant, a vegetarian eatery that rose to fame in the 1970s. Bon Appetit named it among the 13 most influential restaurants of the 20th century.
Ithaca is also a haven for nature lovers. Hiking and biking trails abound in the multiple state parks surrounding the town. Hike to Ithaca Falls, an oft-photographed, 150-foot-high waterfall—one of many in the area. The longest of New York’s Finger Lakes, Cayuga Lake, is just a few minutes away from downtown.